Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper pail help... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37770)

mommaof2blessings 09-03-2006 09:16 PM

Diaper pail help...

Newbie here needing an advice again..

1. Do I need to use two different pail one for wet and one for soiled poopy ones?
2. I went to a Walmt to get a pail this evening, looking at Sterilite trash cans. One was 13 Gallon swing top opening (flat bottom surface) and the other one (also 13 Gal) was tighter lid with automatic opening that opens with a step. (bottom looks more harder to clean since it is not flat surface).
Do I need the tight lid one? Wouldn't this stink more and trap odor in the pail?
Or do I need swing top, this will enable air to go in the pail but again odor to escape...
I couldn't decide so I came home without a pail. I thought I would ask you guys and go back to Walmt.
Also if i don't have a PUL pail liner what can I use instead? What do you use that work?
Thank you always:thumbsup:

Bugaboo Bottoms 09-03-2006 09:18 PM

Re: Diaper pail help...

I have a swing top and love it! Works great-can just throw diapers in.

I use dry pail only. I wash every two days. We rinse out poopys from the older one in the toilet, but just throw NB ones in the pail.

MCR 09-03-2006 10:19 PM

I have one pedal bin 13 gal in the babys room, I put a regular kitchen trash bag in it, so I can carry diapers to the washer, in that I just put pee diapers, and any other stuff from the bedroo, cloths etc.
In the bathroom I have a smaller (it's a cosco diaper bucket one) pedal bin with the same trash bag in, I put poopy diapers in there, I drop the poop into the toilet and throw the diaper into the bin/bucket. I wash every two days, sometimes there are only two poop diapers sometimes more.
I just didn't want to be going back down the hall with a diaper when I was already in the bathroom flushing poop and next to the sink to wash my hands.
I'd love PUL liners but my buget won't allow that right now. I use the same bags over and over till they smell too bad. I use deo disks in both diaper pails for smells.

tillers72 09-04-2006 08:01 AM

For us, we had been gifted a diper pail, so I just stick the used dipes in that. When it's time to wash, I take it down and dump the whole thing in the washer, poopy, wet, inserts, it all goes in. I even put in the covers that may have gotten a little 'dirty' in there. With the pail being plastic, I am easily able to hose out the dingy smell in the tub, or outside (weather permitting) and I haven't had any issues yet. My ds is 10 mos now, so sometimes he has a solid bm, sometimes not. If it is, then I put it in the toilet, if not, it just gets washed as is. Good luck to you!

Raquelita 09-04-2006 08:41 AM

We have a step flip-top and i like it. The uneven bottom isn't a problem cleaning-wise since diapers go inside the pail liner (i have a PUL one that's washable). I'd worry that a swing-top would get kind of gross.

tararaboomdeea 09-04-2006 09:08 AM

I have one that opens with a step and it works great. I have only one pail, a dry pail, and everything goes in there. In a pail liner :)