Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pls help me with spunky/feisty/spirited baby girl name ideas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378268)

meamom 03-29-2008 09:59 AM

Pls help me with spunky/feisty/spirited baby girl name ideas

We're having a bit of a complicated pregnancy this time around and we really feel like this little girl is a fighter. So we'd like to give her a more feisty/spunky/spirited name to reflect the situation. My DH and I tend to like shorter names and nothing too radical, though I favor less common names.

Ruby is on our short list, so that will give you an indication of our style.

Any ideas?

I appreciate ANY input. I feel like I'm just glossing over names in name books these days. Could really use some fresh ideas...

Christina 03-29-2008 10:18 AM

Re: Pls help me with spunky/feisty/spirited baby girl name ideas

I love the name Piper! Not too common but not too out there, short and sweet. My DH nixed it though

bethsflutterby 03-29-2008 10:21 AM

Stormy
Alexis
Jade

eyelashes 03-29-2008 10:50 AM

Scarlett? That's the first thing that came to mind. Scarlett O'Hara is one fiesty lady. :)

sarahrichardson 03-29-2008 11:10 AM

I don't know why, but Jessa came to mind. I guess I know someone named that and she's kinda fiesty.

Manna00 03-29-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyelashes (Post 3167274)
Scarlett? That's the first thing that came to mind. Scarlett O'Hara is one fiesty lady. :)

LOOOOOOVE the name Scarlett.

ktmelody 03-29-2008 11:54 AM

My DD's name is Veda. It means wisdom/knowledge.

Others I like are:
Poppy
Piper
Romy
Rama

mommyfrog 03-29-2008 01:12 PM

I love the name Ruby. It's my youngest dd's middle name. And Scarlett is great too. I think the "red" of the names makes them feisty!! I actually call my dd Ruby when she is being extra feisty.

aept 03-29-2008 05:16 PM

Vivian? possibly with nickname Vivi
Livie
Abby - wouldn't nomally think of this one, but if you knew this little Abby I know - very fiesty - she has a serious heart condition, multiple surgeries, but keeps on fighting and coming right back through every obstacle. Incredible. :goodvibes:

Any classically "boy" nickname on a little girl is also fiesty, IMO - for example, Charley, Tommie, or Frankie. You could always go with Charlotte, Thomasina, or Frances/Francesca but use the nickname for when she is little, but then she could have a more "formal" name, if she would like, for when she grows up to be a Doctor. :goodvibes:

Rachaelbee 03-29-2008 05:23 PM

Our two younger girls are both very fiesty our older one is named Danielle, and we call her Dani sometimes, the youngest is Brynn. She wasn't content in the womb and wanted out at 32 weeks and has been in a hurry to grow up from day one!