Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Snap-EZ pul pockets? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37840)

somersocial 09-04-2006 08:36 AM

Snap-EZ pul pockets?

What do you use for inserts? I have one SEZ and I have several more on the way...what works for you? I have always successfuly used JB's in all my pockets - but I am wondering if the pocket is too wide for a jb?

TIA!
Niccole

tararaboomdeea 09-04-2006 09:28 AM

Re: Snap-EZ pul pockets?

I use Babykicks hemp inserts. I've heard good things about her inserts too, but never have bought any because they're pricey.

flowerpotg 09-04-2006 09:45 AM

I use a cotton babies MF insert on top of a Baby Kicks Insert at night. Never had a leak. I think a CB MF alone or a JB are not wide enough.

MCR 09-04-2006 10:56 AM

I have used, store brand, micro fiber inserts from tree city diapers with no problem (they fit really well), I also use the large part of a Wonder full micro fiber or a thin hemp insert wrapped in a microfiber towel.

raceNzanesmom 09-04-2006 12:00 PM

I use Wonderfulls, quad folded prefolds (cotton or hemp) and hemp trifolded inserts like Samuel Soakers. I would LOVE to try Ruth's but I had soooo many inserts I couldn't see buying more. I can only use a JB if I wrap it with something. It is too narrow in the crotch. I LOVE Snap-EZ pockets- so easy to stuff with as much or little as needed, and they fit Zane perfectly.

SarahJane 09-04-2006 01:21 PM

I use a lot of different things. It's probably one of the best things I like about SEZ, a nice roomy pocket!

Love Wonder-Full - micro fiber, usually use larger piece with a hemp doubler.
Or I use the smaller end on top of a joey bunz

I also use Cotton Babies with either a hemp babies doubler or a hemp oval stuffins.

I have Ruth's inserts too and they are wonderful. If we're going to be out a long time, I stuff a SEZ pocket with a day sherpa insert and we are good to go for 3 or more hours. NO LEAKS EVER!

If I use them at night I use SEZ night time sherpa or hemp inserts. Both are great!

shandi 09-04-2006 06:46 PM

I use either a CB insert cause they are a little wider, or a Jamtots trifold hemp insert in mine.

I have some of Ruth's night inserts and they are super absorbant, but I find that the M insert is almost a little too long for the M pocket (maybe I'm just a weird, I dunno :giggle: )...so I use those in a pocket with a longer rise, they work great overnight in a M FB.

Oh ya, I also wanted to add that I never understood how people can fit Wonderfulls inserts in there? The wide end is to wide to fit in the front of the diaper...so do you put them in backwards to fit then?

MCR 09-04-2006 06:58 PM

I put the wonderfulls in with the narrow end to the front. I thought the wide end was the back part, have I been using them backwards?

ScrapAng 09-04-2006 07:33 PM

I've found success with my new combo the last couple days- HH Stuffin and a CB doubler on top. I guess my theory was the microfiber was the quick part, the hemp was the holding part. I'm going to get my serger out of storage and try modifying- cutting the CB in half and see if that still cuts it since the back end is never wet anyway. My key to stopping all my leaking problems, no matter which pockets seems to be 7 layers of whatever. So I'm trying to make most of that hemp and use about 2 layers of MF for the quick part.

Also adding- a M Thirsties did NOT fit a M SEZ. Maybe a small would.

SarahJane 09-04-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR
I put the wonderfulls in with the narrow end to the front. I thought the wide end was the back part, have I been using them backwards?

I'm pretty sure the wide part is the back of the insert. That's the way I've always used them. I rarely use both pieces together. But like them both for different reasons.