Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What's your fav Britax for 2yo & up (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378964)

*Alabamamom* 03-29-2008 10:30 PM

What's your fav Britax for 2yo & up

I'm looking into getting a Britax for my 2yo.. there's quite a few to choose from though.. I want one he can stay in as long as possible.. Maybe the biggest one that is the most comfortable.. what do you all recommend?

mama2madj 03-29-2008 10:34 PM

Re: What's you fav Britax for 2yo & up

is he 33lbs or under? is he RF?

if he is/can be rf id go for the marathon, harnesses to 65lb, rf to 33 or 35

if he can't be rf anymore, then the regent...goes to 80lbs harnessed

adamkell 03-29-2008 10:42 PM

My dd is 23 lbs., 18 mos old and RF in a Boulevard. I'm so happy w/this choice of seats!!!

*Alabamamom* 03-29-2008 10:51 PM

Yes he is RF.. he is right about 30lbs..

mama2madj 03-29-2008 10:56 PM

i don think of the boulavard/decathalong much since i dont have one...they have the same limits as the marathon :thumbsup:

baby1577 03-29-2008 10:59 PM

Honestly if it was me, I would keep him in the seat he's in now (if that's an option) until he's ready to turn forward facing. Then, get a Regent. That is, if you have room in your vehicle for a Regent. :goodvibes:

demmimom 03-29-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby1577 (Post 3173393)
Honestly if it was me, I would keep him in the seat he's in now (if that's an option) until he's ready to turn forward facing. Then, get a Regent. That is, if you have room in your vehicle for a Regent. :goodvibes:

I agree.

I love the Regent, but its only forward facing.

We also have a Boulevard and Marathon that are awesome too for rear or forward facing. (The main diff is the Boulevard has side impact protection)

*Alabamamom* 03-30-2008 10:38 AM

Hmmm.. I'm thinking about maybe getting him a Boulevard and maybe if we can manage to get pg with another one, and by the time we have it (in a year or so probably) I can move him into a regent and the newest one can have the Boulevard. Not sure if we are even going to ttc again yet though.. lmao!

*Alabamamom* 03-30-2008 10:38 AM

Oh yeah.. other color and designs of covers can be bought for any of the britax seats can't they?

Jenifer 03-30-2008 10:41 AM

yes other covers can be bought! can he stay in his seat for a few more lbs? what is he in now?
if so, id wait and then get him the regent when he outgrows the limit.. it could take him forever to gaint he 3 lbs to make it to 33lbs, or he could do that in a matter of weeks...