Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   sleeping 8hours (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379973)

candlepledge 03-31-2008 08:33 AM

sleeping 8hours

My little guy is 3 month old. he had been sleeping about 5-6 hours pretty cocsistently for the past month. now this weekend he has slept 7-8 hours.
I am worried about my supply decreasing so i have been pumping in the middle of the night. otherwise i am extremelt engorged and a leaking mess.
i am just nervous he is sleeping to long, when he was a newborn i had towake him every 2.5 hours to nurse. is ths normal? it seems like other babies that are breast feed still nurse at night?
TIA
Marie and alexander

wendellg 03-31-2008 09:13 AM

Re: sleeping 8hours

My lil guy is 9 weeks old and slept for 5 hours straight last night. I'm not too worried about supply issues, he nurses ALOT during the day.

proudmama4 03-31-2008 09:32 AM

Oh the double sword of a good nights sleep!!

My son (2.5 months) has been a great sleeper since week 3, and I have had NO problems w/ supply. I do not get up to pump. After 7 or 8 hours of sleep, I wake up engorged and leaking everywhere! During the day just make sure to feed your LO regularly. Our night time ritual is a 2 hour marathon nursing session which helps him "stock up" and helps me get empty for the long night.

Good luck! You're doing great!

negrapy 03-31-2008 09:35 AM

my oldest started sleeping through the night at about 4.5 months old and had been sleeping 6-7 before that regularly for at least a month - actually at birth he slept three sets of 4/ 4.5 hrs
i never had supply issuses but when they switch their sleep patterns i did wake up engorged and leaking too - but i was happy for the sleep

number two still doesnt sleep perfectly but typically sleeps 10 hrs at night without waking to nurse until the am - at 3 months old though he wasnt sleeping that well - he woke up typically at about 2 if i remember correctly after going to be about 9 or 10 and then again at 5 or 6 in the am before getting up at maybe 9 ish .....

i wouldnt get up to pump - your body will adjust in a few days and enjoy the sleep

Momma2B 03-31-2008 09:39 AM

I'm jealous!! DD is 3mo and the longest she has gone is 4.5 hrs - and I can count the occurances on 1 hand! she is sick now so I'm not going to try and spread out her feedings...

sienna 03-31-2008 10:33 AM

You don't need to worry, and you don't need to wake the baby. You don't even need to wake a newborn, technically, as long as the newborn is feeding and gaining well.

Enjoy it. IT may not last!