Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2009 Due-Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Last min things (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380265)

Miles 03-31-2008 12:06 PM

Last min things

Does any of you have any last min things to do before the baby comes? Buy anything or have it all?

We have everything already, but I want to clean up my hallway and DD rooms before she comes. Other than that I want to try to relax. My bag is packed and I hope I have everything in it! I didnt have time to pack a bag with my DD, so I had to find lists off the internet as to what to put in the bag!

Cranberrycove 03-31-2008 12:44 PM

Re: Last min things

:) I'm due April 30th and I totally forgot about the hospital bag until just now when I read your post. eek! :)

sprout18 03-31-2008 12:47 PM

I still have to pack my bag and wash the diapers, bassinet stuff and carseat cover. I bought my nursing bra and some hats for the little one this weekend so I think we have pretty much everything and our set. Just waiting for the little one to decide to come - hopefully that will be soon!

Miles 03-31-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranberrycove (Post 3185705)
:) I'm due April 30th and I totally forgot about the hospital bag until just now when I read your post. eek! :)

LOL! I had to do it early since I have GD and not sure when she was going to come. I did it around 35 wks, you still have time so your safe!

I just finished up washing everything this wkend when I was feeling ok. I feel like crap today, not sure of the stress that has been going on here the last week or what. I am trying to just relax today in hopes it will go away.

vmccal1 03-31-2008 01:00 PM

My favorite last minute thing to do was unpack my bag! I decided 2 days before DS was born and after much research to deliver at home with a midwife. It was so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Miles 03-31-2008 01:18 PM

I wish I could have a home birth, I have GD so I cant.

kezoo 03-31-2008 01:39 PM

I have to sort out my nursing bras yet (e.g. weed out the old ones that I can't bear to wear for the THIRD time!). I also can't find my sleeping bra... grrr. I also have about 10 dipes left to wash (all the small pockets/AI2s) and have to get the dipes organized into the dresser. Everything else is ready to go! Yay! Oh, except for a name for this LO...small item right?

Miles 03-31-2008 01:43 PM

My best friend didnt have a name with any of her girls until after she had them.

Christina 03-31-2008 02:02 PM

I'm a little over 37 weeks and I *still* have not packed my hospital bag, and I haven't even purchased everything I need for my hospital bag! I need some toiletries, another nightgown, another nursing bra, a comfy outfit to wear home, and a few other things. I also need to pack all of the cloth diapers and a couple of outfits for the baby to wear. Ack! I so need to get on the ball!

Other than that the crib is sidecarred to our bed, all of her diapers are washed, all of her clothes washed. The house has been pretty well decluttered and cleaned and I have almost everything else I need so it's just the hospital bag that needs to get done. I need to get a sling but I think I'm going to wait until she gets here and then buy one from our local store that has a wide selection.

pixilated 03-31-2008 03:46 PM

Clean the carpets, I still haven't gotten around to doing it yet. And I NEED to install the infant seat base in DH's Exploder tomorrow. I don't trust him to do it(that's what happens when you've been a CPS technician)

Other than that, I'm washing up the prefolds now, then I'm going to dye the infant CPF's.

I would like to caught up on all the laundry too. And I'm hauling recycling to the center later tonight.