Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tell me something cute that your DC mispronounces (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380806)

momof4 03-31-2008 06:17 PM

Tell me something cute that your DC mispronounces

Mine says "Fings" for "swings".

BasicallyBliss 03-31-2008 06:24 PM

Re: Tell me something cute that your DC mispronounces

When my boys were younger, they mispronounced the last line of the "Row Your Boat" song:

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Like a Butter Dream ????

:giggle2:

house-of-boys 03-31-2008 06:29 PM

Around here- things are lellow (yellow) and we heart all kinds of amimals (animals)! We also shop at Old Naby. Simon is 4 1/2 and these words are now "stuck" in our family.

As a child, we ate hangleburgers (hamburgers) and I'm still afraid of crickadiles (crickets).

:goodvibes:

shortcake2386 03-31-2008 06:32 PM

diapers=butt butt
socks=walks/wocks
shoes=woos
wipe=wap

mtate 03-31-2008 06:33 PM

my DD loves MELMO (elmo) and Dorge (Curious George). She is 16 months old, has been singing her ABCs sinc before 10 months... the cutest thing ever... our favorite letter is bubble boo (W). :) Gotta love little kids!

Jillybean 03-31-2008 06:35 PM

When my oldest was little he called boobies moovies. My daughter couldn't pronounce her own name correctly until she was 4, her name is Hallie and she would say Howie. When we would repeat Howie after she said it she would say "no, it how-wee" being very careful to enunciate each incorrect syllable. I can't think of too many things my 3 yr old says wrong even though I know there are several. He does sing the spongebob song I'm a goofy goober, only he says I'm a goofy goofer.

Jillybean 03-31-2008 06:36 PM

My 2 yr old just learned to say sock, only he says shock.

picklesmama 03-31-2008 06:40 PM

My 17 month old calls her socks and crocs "cocks" She will take both off and shout it as she throws them :giggle2:

sarahrichardson 03-31-2008 07:30 PM

My dd isn't even born, but my little cousin calls an umbrella an under-bella. It's cute. My other cousin calls wal-mart the Star Store.

Deanner03 03-31-2008 07:33 PM

My ds loves hepicopters (helicopters) and has trouble with "th" in the middle of words (my dh was born in Slovakia, so he says these the same way) so brother is brudder, and mother is mudder (for both of them :giggle:)