Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What do you wear to bed? (for Bf-ing/co-sleeping) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38100)

aschrimp 09-05-2006 02:38 AM

What do you wear to bed? (for Bf-ing/co-sleeping)

Before ds was born, I slept in my "nakey-suit", much to dh's delight...but since ds has been around, I've slept in a nursing bra (which is unhooked and open all night long, so I am not sure why I bother) & panties.

What do other mamas sleep in for nursing and co-sleeping? For some reason, wearing the bra seems more "proper" even though it's open all night long (because ds nurses all night long).

I am also kind of wondering if we are going to get to an age (anytime soon) where I will feel like I need to wear more to bed...

jkelstaten 09-05-2006 04:49 AM

Re: What do you wear to bed? (for Bf-ing/co-sleeping)

I always sleep in a t-shirt (or tank) and shorts/pj bottoms. Dh used to sleep in the buff, but now since the girls are older and don't just sleep on my side of the bed he wears pj bottoms.

When I was nursing I wore a nursing bra at all times. But I always seemed to have a problem with too much letdown so if I didn't have the nursing pads on it was a mess.

tillers72 09-05-2006 05:03 AM

topless worked for us. since ds isn't bfing anymore, he isn't co-sleeping either, so it's back to normal, but I normally wear a nightgown or something, so for me, topless or just a bra on up top was easier access than fumbling around in the dark!

FancifulFanny 09-05-2006 05:24 AM

I always wear jammies - I love jammies! Tops and pants. When I was nursing I wore a nursing bra with pads or I'd leak everywhere, but the same jammies.

Voltige 09-05-2006 05:37 AM

I wear bra and panties with a large T-shirt in the summer or something warmer in the winter. My boobs are so big that I'm not comfortable sleeping without a bra.

jrk 09-05-2006 06:57 AM

When Logan was first born, I wore a night nursing bra and pants, or a nursing gown. Now that he's older, he sleeps in his crib until he gets up to nurse at about 5. And since I'm no longer leaking, I sleep with no bra. I either wear a night gown, tank and sweatpants, or nothing.

Righteous Recycles 09-05-2006 07:36 AM

I always wore a tee and pants.

wbkt8 09-05-2006 07:50 AM

i never wear a nursing bra at night - back in the leaky days i just leaked (dd and i both slept on top of a towel/pad anyway). i wear a shirt and pj bottoms normally - sometimes just a shirt.

dh sleeps in boxers.

but we're both still comfortable with being naked around dd (almost 2) - not sure when that'll change - we'll just have to see.

tararaboomdeea 09-05-2006 08:43 AM

Bra and panties. I used to sleep in the buff, but I spray everywhere if Id on't cover up the girls and I don't feel right about being bottomless with Noah in the bed with me ;)

A'smommy 09-05-2006 09:08 AM

Slept on a towel for a while (problems with oversupply) and still use a large stock of white t-shirts and tanks accumulated when DD was tiny. Had to change every feeding for fear of thrush cause we lived in a tropical climate. Still, I preferred changing shirts over wearing a bra and changing pads. Also liked the tanks with built-in bras.
--Karen