Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Even sposies didn't work LOL! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38128)

GoddessWifeMom 09-05-2006 07:55 AM

Even sposies didn't work LOL!

So last night we started DD in a FB with a Premium PF & MOE insert stuffed inside.

Shortly after putting her down she was crazy crying and screaming so DH changed her into a Sposie since that is all we have right now for night time.

Well we thought okay well at least she will sleep her 14 hours no problem now and we won't have to worry about her diaper since she was sleeping that long no problem in them before switching to CD's.

NOPE! At 2am DD was screaming and crying and just wouldn't settle herself back down so DH went in and her diaper was wet but not soaked or anything so he changed it again.

So it seems like our DD has just become VERY picky about feeling the wetness on her bottom, as soon as she goes if she can feel it she wants it off, and if you are too slow I have noticed that if she is wearing velcro cover or sposie she will just take the diaper off herself. LOL

So tonight I am going to try a Premium PF snappied with a preemie PF as a doubler and then the Jamtot's Hemp and Fleece doubler we have on hand from our loan kit as the layer against her skin.

Then I guess a BSWW over it all, we don't have any wool right now which is what I REALLY want to use for night.

Anyway I just thought it was funny that the sposie didn't even work and here I was all worried that I wouldn't be able to find a night CDing option and we would have to use sposies at night. Looks like they won't even work and DH agrees so YAY!!! :)

Mommyk8 09-05-2006 08:06 AM

Re: Even sposies didn't work LOL!

Have you tried putting an extra fleece liner in the diapers? Maybe that will help her to feel dryer at night. She may just be a baby who doesn't ever want to feel wet. Does that mean you will have an easier time potty learnig?

GoddessWifeMom 09-05-2006 08:18 AM

Ya I am going to try the fleece liner and see how that goes, seems to be what everyone recommends to keep her feeling dry. We'll see tonight how this goes.

Maybe we will have an easier time potty training, she's not walking at all right now so I don't think we could start yet but I was thinking at around 2 years to try and start.

MilkOnDemand 09-05-2006 09:03 AM

Try some wool :D There are many affordable WAHMs for wool longies & soakers if you want to go that route. I've never used anything other than WAHM, but I hear that Aristocrats are good too :D

maman 09-05-2006 09:07 AM

Slightly off-topic, but someone mentioned to me that if you're haing trouble with sweet bebe removing her dipe, put it on backwards! They swear it works just as well, but they can't play with the snaps/aplix. Of course, if she's trying to get it off b/c she's uncomfortable, this would be a little cruel. But if she tries to take it off for fun, maybe you could try this.

GoddessWifeMom 09-05-2006 09:08 AM

We are going to buy some aristocrats from the store where we got the loan diapers from, the FB and some of the other we are using right now are loan program ones to try out and see what we like.

I just have to wait until Saturday to get them LOL.

I think the combo that we are going to go with is:

Snappi'd Toddler Thirsties PF (just bought some from a DS mama so they are coming) with a Premium Indian Regular size PF quad folded as an insert then a fleece doubler to be the layer against her skin. Top it all off with a Crat.

Hopefully this will work.

For tonight though using what we have on hand now I am going to use:

Premium Indian Reg size snappi'd PF with a Preemie PF as an insert quad folded and a Jamtots Hemp/Fleece doubler against her skin topped off with a BSWW.

We'll see how that goes tongiht I'm wondering if the preemie will actually hold enough but I guess it's just a doubler soooo...