Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Racy BF ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38142)

Watercolor Ponies 09-05-2006 08:48 AM

Racy BF ?

Ok, so dh wants me to ask this, but I feel sort of dumb asking since we are just now ttc, and I am determined this time to ebf. How do you have sex while all that milk is in there? I get lotsa milk, and when I say lots I mean oceans of the stuff. If even think about taking off my bra, milk just starts pouring out of my boobs. I soak about 15-20 breast pads a day when I let myself dry up (after failing miserably at bfing) so dh wants to know (and tbh I am sort or curious too) when it comes time to start being all lovey dovey with dh again, di I just have to do it with a bra on or just let the milk pour out all over and tell dh to avoid that area? Sorry, just wanting to know how to answer him.

RedneckWoman 09-05-2006 09:17 AM

Re: Racy BF ?

I was in that same 'ocean'. This is what we did. I usually just kept a bra on 'nursing type' during and then if he wanted 'access' he just unhooked it for a little while then hooked it back when he was done. DH used to joke that if he wanted the 'girls' to come out and play he had to have the attitude of 'drink or drowned'.:giggle:

Note: If I had known about Lily Pads, I might have tried them.

Good luck Mama.

ewebabymama 09-05-2006 09:20 AM

My answer may not be popular but..... let DH help ya out. :giggle: In the beginning when my milk was really plentiful I put a towel underneath of me so it didn't get all over. Trust me, you won't even notice the milk, I never did.

Anywho, I don't know how long you BF any other kids, but after a while your breasts will adjust and you won't have a ton of milk. Now at 1 year I can go a whole day and my breasts won't be extremely full to the point where they are sore and will squirt on demand.

aimeemarie 09-05-2006 09:24 AM

Yeah IDK how long you bf'd before, but it shouldn't be a problem the entire time. I can't think of any milk issues we've had while BD though...I have small boobs and my milk (while my dd is thriving and I have successfully ebf'd her) is not that plentiful. I'd probably just BD with a bra on, I do that 1/2 the time anyways!

rpg_mommy 09-05-2006 09:36 AM

I always tried to wait till after I had nursed, so they weren't full. But I know sometimes you want that midnight or early morning quickie, and in those cases, I'd just lay a towel down and DH would just have to deal with getting a milk bath.

I wore a nursing bra to bed the first 2-3 months until my milk regulated and I wasn't leaking all the time. Now I'm back to sleeping in my birthday suit like before DS was born - we hardly ever have issues with it now, unless it's one of those EARLY morning ones before I've had a chance to nurse.

Lucky Child 09-05-2006 09:44 AM

I had oceans in the beginning... but around 4 months it started to regulate and now at 6 months I don't even leak at all! In the beginning I'd just wear a bra... now that Tyler is 6 months I've started to allow dh access to the girls again... but other than that I wouldn't let him near them while bding.