Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Butt hurts (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38218)

Shannon 09-05-2006 12:23 PM

My Butt hurts

Oh yes it does! It's been hurting for about a week now...or more accuratly my sciatic nerve is acting up again. OMG I hate this part! I have no officially transitioned in the uncomfortable part of the pregnancy, when everything hurts and your too big to just roll over in the middle of the night...it's a process. And I got my Rogham shot today in my 'Hip"(more like my upper butt) fun fun!

Julesmom23girls 09-05-2006 01:55 PM

Re: My Butt hurts

I am with you. I know how you are feeling, I am due the beginning of Oct and have been uncomfortable for months. Have you tried any stretchs for you sciatic nerve, warm or cold compresses (depends some ppl like warm some prefer cold). Make sure when you are standing, like doing dishes or what ever you have a little step to put one foot up on, it will help take some pressure off. And I hate rolling over in bed, not only is it difficult (at least I have the bed to myself these days w/ DH deployed) but I always end up w/ a pain under my belly or a leg cramp, either way it is no fun. Oh also make sure you are trying to sleep w/ a pillow between your knees to help your sciatic nerve as well. Good luck getting comfy mamma, you still got a ways to go.

Shannon 09-05-2006 04:03 PM

I always sleep with my body pillow...Dh is so jealous of it :giggle:

I've never acually used any compresses... I just complain...LOL But I can try those. What kind of excersizes help stretch it out? I thought I just had to deal with the darn thing.

Timetodance 09-05-2006 04:14 PM

The only thing that worked for me was massage. You can call your local massage school and see if they need anyone who needs training for pregnancy massage. I did this with my last pregnancy and it was a great way to get a cheap massage.

Good luck.

Julesmom23girls 09-05-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon
I always sleep with my body pillow...Dh is so jealous of it :giggle:

MY DH hated mine w/ my first pregnancy. He would say, "Is he sleeping between us again tonight?" I always tried to keep the pillow on the side of the bed but eventually I had to rollover, and brought the pillow with me. LOL

I can't remember which is good for sciatica, but all are good to help w/ posture and may help relieve some of the pain. I found these directions in "What to expect when you are expecting," starting pg 190 but my Dr basically told me to do the same exercises to help w/ back pain.

Pelvic tilt
Stand w/ back against wall. As you inhale press the small of your back against the wall.

Cat stretch (Dromedary Droop)
Get on hands and knees, w/ back in naturally relaxed position, keep you head and neck in line w/ spine. Then hump your back tightening your abdomin and buttocks, allow your head to drop down.

Stretch (Tailor sit, stretch)
Sit cross legged on the floor, ie indian style or criss cross applesauce (can you tell I have a preschooler, LOL) Reach toward the ceiling w/ both hands, then stretch higher w/ one and then the other. Do not bounce. 10 times on each side.

Julesmom23girls 09-06-2006 07:21 PM

I think I jinxed myself by posting on this topic

Today I have a pain in my left cheek and it shoots down to my knee when I take a step. OUCH!!! Guess I better start following my own advice.

Shannon 09-06-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julesmom23girls
I think I jinxed myself by posting on this topic

Today I have a pain in my left cheek and it shoots down to my knee when I take a step. OUCH!!! Guess I better start following my own advice.

I thought sciatic nerve was on the right side? :headscratch:

Julesmom23girls 09-06-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon
I thought sciatic nerve was on the right side? :headscratch:

I dunno but mine is definately on the left. I hope I just slept wrong and it will be better tomorrow. I tried ice and all I got was a cold fat butt cheek, (do you know fat must hold cold longer too. LOL )

sharebear2u 09-11-2006 08:43 PM

LOL :giggle: about the fat butt cheek. I am due in Dec too and starting with these issues, again. Just ONCE I want one of those pregnancies that make me blossom and feel amazing. The emotional part is great, but the physical :yuck: for me.

BTW What is the shot for?

Sherrie

MamaJo 09-11-2006 11:51 PM

Oh thats the worse! I can already feel it starting and I'm only 14 weeks. With the last pregnancy, it got so bad I would literally cry just from trying to roll over at night in bed :( When I'd go see the OB, after laying back on that table, it took me a good 10 minutes to get myself up moaning and groaning.

Then my OB did something amazing :giggle: He got the wood end of one of those swabs and pressed a point in my ear (well, not IN my ear..but ykwim lol) - it was instant relief! Maybe see a reflexologist? Maybe they'd show you a trick to do whenever you need it. I never could figure it out on my own after the doc did it...

Oh, and as it gets worse, I get the pain on both sides. But right now I've been feeling it on the left mostly....