Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   D&C Question... UPDATE - LIKELY M/C (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383382)

amyruth 04-02-2008 08:21 PM

D&C Question... UPDATE - LIKELY M/C
 
Well I wish could say it is good news. The sac grew by just a few days and there is stll no baby. By my dates I should be 9.5 weeks (DTD 2/13) so I guess we are resigned to the fact that we will have a miscarriage. Still waiting for my Dr. to call to discuss our options. At this point I will probably schedule a D&C for next week. I thought about going natural but I've had 2 c-sections and labor is dangerous for me. From what I hear, m/c can be very intense... Plus I'd like to get the remains tested to see what went wrong. I'm just so sad about this. I don't know if DH will want to try for another one now. We have had 2 babies and they both have some issues. Correctable but still issues. This was a nice surprise baby and would likely have been our last.

Well it's possible that I don't have a viable pregnancy so my Dr. will recommend a D&C if there is still no baby in there on Friday. As of last Friday (7.5 weeks dated by u/s, probably 8 weeks by my dates) there was just a sac. :(

I'm so conflicted. I've read too many stories that the baby showed up later on and was perfectly fine. I'm terrified of a natural m/c b/c I'm home all alone from 5am to 8pm and DH is hours away at work. I have 2 boys to care for. I can't be debilitated. But what if... What if the baby decides to hide out for another week or two?? I kinda feel like I would be going in for an abortion if I had a D&C and don't know if I can live with that. :cry:

I know it's potentially not even a decision I will need to make but I need to be prepared to talk to my DR. He's in favor of D&C because the recovery is better and much less traumatic experience for me. And I agree on those grounds. But should I try waiting another few weeks and if I start to cramp and bleed, go for a D&C then?

So sorry, I don't want to upset our preggo population but wasn't sure where to post this. I'm so sad. I've been crying a lot today. I still feel pregnant (tired, emotional, bloated, hungry...). I never had m/s so that is not an indicator. I don't know what to think... If there was no baby developing would I still feel pregnant? I guess it's all hormones that control that...

Sarah 04-02-2008 08:28 PM

Re: D&C Question...
 
Have you looked at misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com(I think). I know I had a D&C after I mc my twins in Dec,but it was a totally different situation.
I would hold out,I've had many mc at home and for me it's only ever been like really bad cramps

amyruth 04-02-2008 08:31 PM

Re: D&C Question...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WearingTaci (Post 3212283)
Have you looked at misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com(I think). I know I had a D&C after I mc my twins in Dec,but it was a totally different situation.
I would hold out,I've had many mc at home and for me it's only ever been like really bad cramps

Yeah, that's the site that got me really freaked out about doing a D&C too early... I do have friends nearby that can come and help out if needed. I'm just so anxious to see what happens this Friday. And my Dr. will call me after the u/s has been "read" and sent up to him and I want to be prepared and not sound like a nut for insisting that there could still be a baby. :lostit:

amphibology29 04-02-2008 08:38 PM

Re: D&C Question...
 
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I'm sorry you even have to be thinking about this.

I can only offer my personal stories, so here they are. I've had two chemical pregnancies that ended on their own before 5 weeks, and an unknown-cause loss at 8-9 weeks that went undetected until 19 weeks. So I've had my body do its own thing and then not. I had radical placenta growth with the last one though and at 19 weeks the placenta was the size it should have been at the end of pregnancy, so the doctor would have had to induce real labor in order for me to dilate enough to birth the placenta and I wasn't sure I could handle going through labor knowing I wouldn't have a baby at the end of it all. So I went for the D&C. And it went badly. A vein was scraped, tissue got into it and went to my lungs, acted as a plug and nearly caused me to drown as my own blood pooled in my lung. Now, what happened to me is a rare occurrence. But D&Cs come with their own amount of risk and it's important to know that. If I could go back, I'd choose labor.

If I were in your position, I'd wait to see if the baby is just late in showing up for the party, and if it is a miscarriage I'd wait for my body to do its own thing. If after a few weeks nothing was happening, then I'd reconsider the D&C.

:hugs: I'll be thinking about you.

ConnorsMom06 04-02-2008 08:44 PM

Re: D&C Question...
 
I'm so sorry you are going through all this :hugs: But when my mom was pregnant with my twin sisters she lost one and they wanted to do a d&c (they didn't know it was twins at that point because the u/s was showing nothing) My mom opted out and decided against the d&c.Come to find out she was still preg with the other twin and had Emily !

booty hunter 04-02-2008 10:20 PM

Re: D&C Question...
 
I would wait to do the d&c. I have never m/c, but I like you would be raelly worried about the what if's. A few more weeks would give you time to know for sure. I went in for a possible etopic pregnancy and they didn't see the baby and said they saw a blood clot instead and the clot is due in May I am not trying to give you false hope, but waiting won't hurt and then you can hopefully have peace about your decision.I will be praying for you :hugs:

OneFabMama 04-02-2008 10:25 PM

Re: D&C Question...
 
I would wait on the D&C as well, especially with your feelings on it! When I had my first miscarriage I waited almost 5 weeks to have a D&C when absolutely nothing was happening naturally.
If doesn't hurt to "wait it out", and that might be easier for you to deal with. And, if it does happen at home chances are it will likely be like a heavy period! *hugs*

ty&jessie 04-03-2008 07:59 AM

Re: D&C Question...
 
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: So sorry mama. I just went through a D&C ( I was 12 weeks along) I had to wait a week to make sure that it was not just a "bad" U/S and then recheck for a H/B ...the wait is very hard but I would certainly wait, I did in fact loss this baby, but I have a friend who was faced with the samething and she now has a 3 yrs old. I hope for the best for you and will keep you in my prayers. GL mama

ty&jessie 04-03-2008 08:05 AM

Re: D&C Question...
 
Quote:

I would wait on the D&C as well, especially with your feelings on it! When I had my first miscarriage I waited almost 5 weeks to have a D&C when absolutely nothing was happening naturally.
If doesn't hurt to "wait it out", and that might be easier for you to deal with. And, if it does happen at home chances are it will likely be like a heavy period! *hugs*
Also I agree with this...I have gone both routes. My first M/C was naturally done by my body, but this past one was done by a d&c. If I ever should be faced with this again, I think I would hold out for the natural mc as long as I could...Today I am 3 weeks post D&C and still having some complications. Whereas the nat. one I bled and had really bad cramps for a short while. HTH, this to is just my exper...everyone is different. Agian :hugs:

etsdtm99 04-03-2008 08:23 AM

Re: D&C Question...
 
I had a similar experience with an ultrasound at 10 weeks 5 days.. showed no baby, by that point, i was spotting and knew we should see something.. i wanted to wait a few days on the D&C and i ended up m/c naturally at 11 weeks .. now, i don't know if i could have made the decision to have a D&C that fast.. but i sure wished i had.. my m/c was horrible .. it was like 6 hours of labor and bleeding so heavy that i just had to sit on the toilet .. i could not care for DD at all for 4 hours of that and i was completely wiped out from blood loss for 2 days after that.. i couldn't even walk ..

so. if you don't have the help, and you start to have spotting.. i'd recommend you go for the d&c, i was 'lucky' in that i spotted for 4-6 days before the m/c .. if you want to wait an extra week and have an extra u/s to make sure there is no growth/baby i don't see anything wrong or crazy about that at all .. i'm just saying all this because a natural m/c can REALLY be painful and traumatic and no one told me that when i was making my decisions..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors