Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2009 Due-Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Nesting? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386071)

Miles 04-05-2008 11:54 AM

Nesting?

I have done this I dont know how many times in my pregnancy but since its so close to her coming I am at it again! I am cleaning the walls, mopping the kitchen floor, cleaned the living room rug and bedroom rug, cleaned the fridge and freezer, cleaned off everything I could! Dh is going to ask me what the heck got into me again LOL! I am really glad when it kicks in because then stuff gets done, who knows when it will get done again once I have her!

TheQueenKat 04-05-2008 04:16 PM

Re: Nesting?

I didnt have any nesting type urges with my first DD so I didnt expect it this time. Suddenly though I have had the strangest urges to clean the most bizarre things. Not just the usual vaccuming and dusting and picking up, etc.... Im talking about big undertakings that I rarely ever do, I feel like I have to do them RIGHT NOW. :giggle:

Its a really strange feeling for me because usually I really dislike cleaning and avoid it as much as possible. :laugh:

Miles 04-05-2008 05:43 PM

I never had it with my first either! So once I started doing it with this one my DH was like hummm odd! I am one who wants to do everything NOW! I have to do it NOW I cant wait! DH hates it. So like if there is a dish in the sink, I have to take the clean dishes out of the dishwasher right then to get the dish out of the sink.

normajean 04-05-2008 07:50 PM

Oh yes, I'm cleaning all kinds of baseboards, behind the toliet, wiping the kids beds down w/ lysol (?!)....dsyinfecting everything in sight. My dh is loving it- since it rarely gets done.

I would do more, but 1) I'm short and getting on a stepping stool is so dangerous 2) I can't squat for long periods of time- it makes my hips throb in pain and then I can't sleep. And lastly, I'm scared of some of the chemicals that I usually use and rain out of my method stuff :(

Christina 04-05-2008 07:58 PM

Every few days I'll get a burst of energy and clean a bunch, then other days I find it hard to even get out of bed let alone clean. So far I've been pretty good with at least keeping up with the cleaning that I've already done so the house won't be a total disaster when she gets here.

tayseth 04-07-2008 05:55 PM

i hear yiu, omg, throughout all 3 of my pregnancies, all i did was clean, even after the walls were washed i would clean something else then go back and clean the same walls, my dh was thinking i was loseing it for abit there but then at 34wks i had a huge scare after washing floors on my knees, i got out of the shower and was bleeding, i was in emerg for 1 night,back at home for one night and back in emerg for 2days, Cant say I wasnt scared, I sure was, I new I over did it but never stopped even chaseing after my almost 2yr old Im back at it again the cleaning, and I cant find one dirty spot, dusty or anything, but Im still cleaning it, lol Now that I had my last gino appt, I must settle myse;lf, baby is so close, dropped, head down and contractions have started:(, thats life right mamas!!

Kinga 04-08-2008 06:02 AM

I always feel ambitious and start cleaning something...then I get interrupted so I feel like I move piles from one corner to another. Ah well....we've moved into this house almost a year ago and have had to do some massive renos from top to bottom. We still have the master bdrm/living rm/kitchen and one bathroom to do, so our house is a bit chaotic anyway. But, on the up side, I'm getting a new fridge, which is soooo super exciting, so I've put off cleaning the fridge and the kitchen floor til it comes next week. Good excuse right??? lol

tara....can't wait to hear your baby news soon!! I had my 39 week appt this week, and, still no progress.

JulieRobin 04-08-2008 11:02 PM

My due date is coming and my belly has dropped and I'm nesting like crazy... My family is so great though. I ask them to do something and they do it. I feel blessed. I get bursts of energy too. Like this morning I rummaged in the attic for old baby things. Then I sat on the floor looking at them wondering if I really need this stuff. And by 9am I was ready for a nap. I keep telling my dh that it'll be over soon... the nesting. Maybe tomorrow... maybe next week only time can tell and the waiting is the worst part. Take care nesting mommas.

JennyAnn913 04-08-2008 11:16 PM

Yes, I have been starting to nest a little bit... :vacuum: I did really bad with my first and I just feel it coming on again! I feel urges to deep, deep, deep clean everything..... not to mention my sudden obsession with ORGANIZING EVERYTHING!!!! Like it will ever stay this way!! :goodvibes: I too have been having days of extreme exhaustion tho, which is no fun at all!

tayseth 04-09-2008 12:18 AM

thanx Kinga:) good luck to u too mama:)I will lyk as soon as she desides to show her beautiful face, Im hopeing sooner than later, I was cleaning abit today,running after my almost 2yr old son and I had another visit at the hosp today, I could have sworn it was time but nope Im just gonna stay in labour till shes born, they figure soon but thats what docs say, my original due date going by last period wasnt till may but my contractions are back to scattered and this carrying in the back does not help one bit:( I keep getting the erge to clean lol even late at night after I have sat and did home work with my oldest daughter, I think tomorrow while my dh is home most of day, Im going to soak my feet and give me a relaxing pedicure lol..( thats what all you mamas need to relax) it works really! when u have the time,,