Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   would she get teased? (baby name question) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386261)

eyelashes 04-05-2008 04:00 PM

would she get teased? (baby name question)

Would it be ridiculous to give my little girl the initials A.D.D.?

ETA: I'm pretty scatterbrained, so if she's anything like me, I can only imagine what jokes would be made...

Miles 04-05-2008 04:02 PM

Re: would she get teased? (baby name question)

I have to comment on this. Our baby girl is going to have D.A.M, and I did ask on her about it. My family was already being mean and rude about it I was so worried she would be picked on.
I was told which does make sense that not many ppl but maybe her friends would know her middle name so no one would know what her initials are. Besides kids these days will make something out of nothing, so they will pick on her no matter what.
I say you like the name you picked out stick to it!

marymom 04-05-2008 04:07 PM

but who would actually know her full initials? if it's not her initials it will be something else, kwim. kids tease, about anything and everything. if you like/love the name you have chosen then use it. :thumbsup:

Knits on Earth 04-05-2008 04:17 PM

other kids probably wouldn't know/notice her initial

AshtonsMommy 04-05-2008 04:23 PM

I really don't think anybod will notice. For real. :)

proudmommaof4 04-05-2008 04:44 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I did have a teacher start making my dd, who is 6, right her middle initial because she didn't feel that HO was appropriate at the top of papers though.

Katherine 04-05-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proudmommaof4 (Post 3237106)
I wouldn't worry about it. I did have a teacher start making my dd, who is 6, right her middle initial because she didn't feel that HO was appropriate at the top of papers though.

Snort...sorry, I'm a teacher and can't imagine making a kid do that.

I know that we ruled out any "a" middle name for this baby b/c that would make the initials PAD...not a wonderful thing for a little girl. Anything you choose will have some kind of acronym reference that can be made, some are just more commonly known that others. ADD isn't that bad, and like pp's have said, who's going to know all her initials.

I will say, that having grown up with KK for my first and last initials, I got really, really tired of being asked what my middle name was and if it started with K.

tomatojane 04-05-2008 05:32 PM

My dd initials are CPR. Oh well, I love her name, so I'm not worried about it! Go with the name you love!

amphibology29 04-05-2008 05:36 PM

I say name your child whatever you want, but be prepared to have to deal with teasing at some point. A woman I know named her son Austen Scott S.... and well... it didn't take long for people to pick up on what those initials spell.

Miles 04-05-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 3237318)
Snort...sorry, I'm a teacher and can't imagine making a kid do that.

I know that we ruled out any "a" middle name for this baby b/c that would make the initials PAD...not a wonderful thing for a little girl. Anything you choose will have some kind of acronym reference that can be made, some are just more commonly known that others. ADD isn't that bad, and like pp's have said, who's going to know all her initials.

I will say, that having grown up with KK for my first and last initials, I got really, really tired of being asked what my middle name was and if it started with K.

Know that feeling mine growing up and actually still is MM. I remember being asked if my middle name was Marie all the time. But when I told ppl it wasnt it was Renia(pronounced Renee) I got oh MRM, but you know what I love my name! Which is why I had no issues getting married to a guy whos last name started with an M!