Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   anyone in 3rd trimester with a toddler? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386452)

ashley_1301 04-05-2008 07:51 PM

anyone in 3rd trimester with a toddler?

my little girl is 2 1/2 and has (as of last week) officially hit the terrible twos. my patience was already thin but now it is almost gone. please someone tell me i'm not crazy!! i feel like a horrible mom b/c i have NO patience with her but i really think 90% of it is the hormones (the other 10% is that she's being a terror). will this feeling go away?? did you experience a lot of impatience during pregnancy with a toddler?
make me feel normal (or somewhat normal)--PLEASE???

Amberjoe_1 04-05-2008 07:54 PM

Re: anyone in 3rd trimester with a toddler?

I think you are not the only one. I'm just about in the third and have a 20month old. Typically he is great!..every now and then he doesn't want to listen. I've found myself being short with him and I hate that! I think part of it is when I haven't had much to eat, low blood sugar, and part of it may be from just not having a break. Try to make sure you have a little time for yourself! :thumbsup:

ShayneLeMaster 04-05-2008 07:55 PM

well, almost 3 trimester count? gage is 22 months this month and im about 27 weeks.

i also have a 6 year old who is either one extreme or the other, instagator or helper.. so my patientce are few and far between..i really dont see it getting better without getting a little worse first.. oh.. and throw GD into the mix and DH who has been working 60 hours a week..

normajean 04-05-2008 07:59 PM

you are not alone!

Amberjoe_1 04-05-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShayneLeMaster (Post 3238418)
well, almost 3 trimester count? gage is 22 months this month and im about 27 weeks.

i also have a 6 year old who is either one extreme or the other, instagator or helper.. so my patientce are few and far between..i really dont see it getting better without getting a little worse first.. oh.. and throw GD into the mix and DH who has been working 60 hours a week..

whew* sounds like you definitely need a break!:hugs:

ashley_1301 04-05-2008 08:05 PM

i'm glad to hear i'm not alone. it seems like everyone i know around here has perfect kids. i KNOW they're all putting on a show but it is doing nothing for my self esteem! i spent the ENTIRE afternoon yesterday sobbing while she napped b/c all i could think about was how i couldn't go to work for 3 days and would have no break for 3 days and what a horrible person i am for thinking that!

Katherine 04-05-2008 08:29 PM

I am, I am....and I have very little patience, as well. My dd is 2.75yo and I find myself getting angry with her much more quickly than I did before the third trimester started. I'm tired, grumpy, sore, and a big old meany.

What I have just very recently started doing is just taking her outside - we've both been cooped up all winter and while it's still wet outside, it's warm enough for her to play, and when she's outside, she can't be climbing the cpuch and divebombing me, she can't be turning the end table into a dog cage and continually knocking the lamp behind it into the wall, she can't be testing the strength of the real dog cage by climbing on it, she can't be begging to watch max and ruby (shudder), she can't be whining over getting milk instead of juice, she can't be spilling milk on the couch.....she plays, nicely, outside, and is happy with me sitting there watching her. She runs up for hugs, then dashes away. I do believe going outside is going to save us both for the next several weeks.

mommyfrog 04-05-2008 09:58 PM

You're definitely not alone. My eyes are still puffy from a crying spell!! It seems like ALL of my kids know I'm just too tired to chase them down and make it stick. They are getting away with waaay too much right now. My DH works a lot and plays an online game too much when he is home, so I feel like a single mom who happens to be married.:banghead: So my two younger ones are screaming and fighting right now and I'm ignoring it because they won't hurt each other, they aren't the violent type. But anyway, my older kids are actually causing more of the crying right now. They just won't do what I ask them and dad doesn't really make them when he gets home. He just says go do what your mom told you, but doesn't follow through to make sure they do. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: It will get better after the baby is born.

bellasophy04 04-05-2008 10:05 PM

oh I am there too my son just turned 2 and daughter is 3 :hugs:

cheeky 04-06-2008 12:01 AM

yup, my daughter is 3 and our second daughter will be 2 next month, and i'm due in july. husband's deployed so yes i do feel crabby sometimes, usually at certain parts of the day. when i'm hungry, light headed, or when they're hungry or tired.

some days are better than others, actually lately like posted above, i find that on nice days and we spend most of it outside are the days that are good. of course by the time we come in and make dinner and get bathed i get frustrated because it feels like it takes forever to get our night time routine done. but i think it's a mixture of the toddler acting up and the hormones of pregnancy, my patience is shorter when i'm pregnant. but at least we can acknowledge it and try to take a deep breath when we feel tense.
i've pretty much come to terms that our older daughter will always be stubborn and fiesty. the younger one is just about to turn two and while she hasn't quite hit the terrible stage yet, she's getting much more active and independent lately. i just sort of go with it, but yes a lot of the time i feel like my patience is low.