Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MC question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386937)

mum0fthr33 04-06-2008 01:46 PM

MC question

When you had a natural MC what did you do with the fetus? Please noone flame me for asking this.

ClothDiaperMePlease 04-06-2008 01:49 PM

Re: MC question

I have heard of a number of things. Some moms bury it while planting a tree or a shrub to use as a memory...

mum0fthr33 04-06-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease (Post 3242728)
I have heard of a number of things. Some moms bury it while planting a tree or a shrub to use as a memory...

Thank you, I was thinking about planting lily of the valley where I laid her down so it blooms around this time or the year as a marker but didn't know if it was weird or strange to want to do this. :cry:

ClothDiaperMePlease 04-06-2008 02:27 PM

Not at all mama. There are lots of moms who have been there :hugs:

mcpforever 04-06-2008 08:15 PM

My natural miscarriage was of an empty sac so I flushed it. If there had been a baby, I'm not sure what I would have done with her. I think planting your tiny one near or under a special plant to help feed it keeps her essence alive in a special way. It's also a good form of closure for many moms. :hugs:

Miles 04-07-2008 06:27 AM

I wasnt far enough along when I miscarried hun. I am so sorry for your loss, but I think its a good idea to do what your planning on doing. I would do the same thing.

*Katherine* 04-07-2008 06:29 AM

I was only 5-6 weeks, so it was just a huge clot looking thing, so I ended up flushing. At your stage, I would totally bury it :hugs: I am so sorry mama :hugs:

pottymomma 04-07-2008 06:43 AM

I was having complications when I miscarried. There were tons of huge clots at home. I just couldn't deal with how much I was bleeding and ended up flushing alot. I passed another very huge clot at the hospital and then passed out. My mom called for help and flushed. Then I had an emergency d&c. At the time everything was so scarey and I was just glad to be at the hospital getting help. Now looking back it hurts alot to not have been able to have the baby and do something special. I drew a tatoo for my husband of an angel baby with the name Patience under it. That helped a little.
I think planting something is a great idea. I would try to do something that you know will survive your climate and come back every year. It would be difficult for me if the plant didn't make it.

Malania 04-07-2008 07:31 AM

I am so sorry!! I was 8 weeks with both of mine, and I haven't decided what I am going to do with mine yet. (((((hugs)))))

mum0fthr33 04-07-2008 08:07 PM

Thank you Mamas the hugs and kind words do mean alot right now. I just feel so completely empty right and numb now my dh wont even talk about it he just asks when i am really quiet if I am ok and thats all. I have been waiting for him to ask about it but nothing I guess thats just how he is going to deal with everything in his own way :cry: