Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Am a horrible person for not being thrilled about being pregnant? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387026)

Fawn 04-06-2008 04:53 PM

Am a horrible person for not being thrilled about being pregnant?

I feel really bad even typing this, when I know so many ladies try in vain to get pregnant, but I'm just not feeling very excited yet about this baby :( I know it's very early and I will likely get excited, but I have a 10 mo. old that's still nursing and co-sleeping and I wanted to keep nursing her until at least this summer. Now I'm not so sure I'll be able to and there's really no way she can stay in the bed with a baby either...... I guess I'm feeling bad about her having to possibly wean earlier than I had wanted. It doesn't help that I'm emotional either. Please, someone knock some sense into my head and remind me how cute newborns are and what a blessing they are........I'm 5 weeks pregnant, btw

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-06-2008 04:55 PM

Re: Am a horrible person for not being thrilled about being pregnant?

:hugs: Your emotions and feelings are completely normal, don't be too hard on yourself mama, and think you still have 9 months to be just with your Lo, your going to do great and things will get better as the weeks go by, everything will fall into place perfectly:goodvibes:

ashleynjacy 04-06-2008 04:56 PM

Honestly,
If you try your best that is what matters. When I got preggo this time I switched my daughter to her own sleeping area instead of the bed and it has been soooo much easier on me mentally plus she actually sleeps! She wakes up so much happier now. As for nursing, 10 months is a good amount of time. If you can't do it you can't....don't feel guilty about it.:hugs:

MatildasMum 04-06-2008 04:59 PM

It's a huge adjustment. Don't make yourself feel worse. :hugs:

maryjane 04-06-2008 05:07 PM

There's no reason you have to give up nursing. You could even do tandem nursing after the new baby gets here if you want and you stick with it. Don't stress about those things yet. The first part of pregnancy is always tough emotionally. Just relax and take things one day at a time.

Griffinsmom 04-06-2008 05:59 PM

Your not horrible- totally normal, completely understandable. Maybe you should start checking out those newborns in cloth threads. Nothing gets you enthused about being preggo like building that newborn stash! :goodvibes:

Fawn 04-06-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffinsmom (Post 3243772)
Your not horrible- totally normal, completely understandable. Maybe you should start checking out those newborns in cloth threads. Nothing gets you enthused about being preggo like building that newborn stash! :goodvibes:

Now there's an idea! :drif:

daisy0306 04-06-2008 09:49 PM

:hugs: :hugs: just think what great friends they'll be, being so close in age:thumbsup: Congrats:goodvibes:

mcpforever 04-06-2008 10:31 PM

I felt the same way with this pg. DD was only 5 months when we got pg again. I really wasn't expecting to be expecting so soon. :blush: I nursed DD as much as I could-it helped get me through the early pg nausea. Then it became painfully obvious that my milk supply had dropped (as in DD lost weight!:cry: ) so we started supplementing with formula. I felt so GUILTY for not being able to continue nursing her the way I had planned. I even told this baby that he HAD to stick or I would be really mad at him for messing up my nursing relationship with DD with no baby to show for it. Thankfully, he agreed and has stuck around for 28 weeks now. :goodvibes:
After self weaning (it was sad for me, but we are all very happy and healthy now) at 9.5 months, DD still co-sleeps to an extent and is just as snuggly, if not more, than when we were nursing. She's still a mommy's girl and needs to pet my skin to fall asleep. :mrgreen:
Overall, she has grown to be a much better sleeper than I anticipated and I am getting excited about her little brother that will be here in about 3 months. DH and I keep talking about moving her to her own room, but I might just send her to sleep on her Daddy's side of the bed!

You still have 8 months and lots of time to gently transition your DD to whatever you decide will be best for her. Also, you can keep nursing her as long as you and she want to. If you do experience a serious drop in milk supply, it most likely won't be for the next couple of months at least, so you can make it to this summer like you wanted to. Some babies are happy to dry nurse even. You are also in that time of pg when you are run-down and tired anyway. Pair that with the demands of a 10 month old and of course you're not going to be able to get terribly excited about being pg! You have more pressing and immediate (no, no, baby don't touch that!) concerns to deal with.
P.S. If you are worried about nipple pain, I found that the more frequently I nursed DD while pg, the LESS pain (as in none) I had. Not sure how that worked, but it did.

S Starr 04-06-2008 11:55 PM

Hugs, mama! You're not being a horrible person, no. Tired and emotional. But you can keep nursing your LO even if your supply drops. It'll work out!