Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Due Dates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387825)

ACSNMama 04-07-2008 01:30 PM

Due Dates

First ultrasound said 4 weeks pregnant, due 11/8/08, second ultrasound said 9 weeks 5 days due 10/31/08. First ultrasound put me conceiving around Feb 1st which makes perfect sense. Second put me conceiving around January 25th and DH and I didn't DTD until a few days later...I mean it's not much of a difference but I was excited about a November baby!

According to YOUR best calculations, when is/was your due date?

What is/was the Doctor's EDD for you and how did they predict it? Wheel/Ultrasound?

Which do you go by?

When did you actually give birth, closer to your prediction or the Doctors?

boilerbebeRN 04-07-2008 01:34 PM

Re: Due Dates

EDD is usually calculated by last menstrual period (LMP). However, if you have a 1st trimester ultrasound that estimates your due date to be greater than 7 days difference than what your LMP estimated it to be, they will change it and go with the ultrasound. The ultrasound bases your due date on growth and how large the baby is at that point.

Plus....this is just an estimation! Either way...LMP or US....all it really is is a good guess anyway. It's a very small percentage of women who actually deliver on their due date. Even if you're EDD is late October...let's face it....you could easily still have a November baby!

OneFabMama 04-07-2008 01:44 PM

I don't think it really matters what anyone says or think. Baby will come when he/she is good and ready. LOL

With this babe, I've gotten July 31st, July 29th (which is what I am going by), August 1st, August 2nd.

My EDD with my first was June 11th. She came 2 weeks early on May 27th.

Babies don't care when they come.

Mamatoabunch 04-07-2008 02:03 PM

I have never had dating u/s, did't have u/s's except in first pregnancy. This dating thing is so ridiculous. Baby cooks until he or she done and that is how it should be.

boilerbebeRN 04-07-2008 02:13 PM

Not to be a downer, but not ALL babies cook until they are "done." In which case, dating can be very vital information.

OneFabMama 04-07-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilerbebeRN (Post 3250288)
Not to be a downer, but not ALL babies cook until they are "done." In which case, dating can be very vital information.

Good point. Like I said above my DD was 2 weeks "early", she probably could have used another week or 2 in utero. Luckily, she was born healthy - just small, and covered in vernix.

localuna 04-07-2008 02:40 PM

Well, I chart so I knew the exact conception date. U/s before 12 weeks are the most accurate. Sounds like it's just a week off, right? That's relatively normal for all of us consider the average woman goes 11 days beyond her due date.
:thumbsup:

Mamatoabunch 04-07-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilerbebeRN (Post 3250288)

In what case?

OneFabMama 04-07-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch (Post 3250656)
In what case?

I think she is just talking about preemie babies. My DH was born at 30 weeks, totally not done cooking. But, he came anyway. So, my guess would be if you had a preemie - it'd be good information for Drs/nurses to know when you SHOULD have really given birth. Like how early is the baby really!?!? Or at least a good rough guess.

localuna 04-07-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch (Post 3250656)
In what case?

I was wondering the same.

It's one thing to have a baby come premature. But still, dating wouldn't need to be vital. And if you're referring to a baby going "late," well, that's what non stress tests are for.

Pregnancy and Labor just aren't an exact science. I think due dates should be replaced with due seasons. :thumbsup: