Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Starting to get worried!!! Update (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38907)

Tootsiemomma 09-07-2006 08:31 AM

Starting to get worried!!! Update

I bought like $50 worth of yarn from a momma on another forum. She said she was shipping most of them the day after I bought them and then I later purchased another one. Well that was 2 weeks ago and she won't answer my pm's or emails. I just would like to know when she shipped so I can be expecting them and I'm trying to be understanding but I'm starting to worry because she won't answer me...is it too soon to panic about it?? I really needed the yarn as soon as possible as it's for some customs!!

Update: After 5 attempts to get ahold of her, filing with paypal and 13 days later, she finally got back to me with some excuse about computer being down and a storm....which would be understandable normally, except for the fact that 4 other mommas have gotten back to me with negative (similar) experiences and it sounds like a really bad habit. She has given me a dc number that says she shipped it on Saturday which is still 10 days after she said she did. I just want the yarn so I can be done with this momma. Maybe I jumped the gun by freaking out but I had a really bad feeling and she dissappeared on me. I didn't know what else to do, I've been hearing alot of mommas getting scammed and it's awful to automatically think that when the communication has been cut off. I don't really believe her seeing as how I've heard that she does this all the time...

A'smommy 09-07-2006 09:42 AM

Re: Starting to get worried!!!

I don't think two weeks is too soon to be expecting them. Send her another message asking what's up, and if she doesn't answer consider filing with PayPal. Something's not right; even if she had an emergency or a sick kid or something two weeks is plenty of time to at least send a message. Can you see if she's at least been online?

You're more patient than I am! GL!

Ontariomama 09-07-2006 09:47 AM

Can you PM me who it was? I have a feeling I know already...

Knittress 09-07-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma
I bought like $50 worth of yarn from a momma on another forum. She said she was shipping most of them the day after I bought them and then I later purchased another one. Well that was 2 weeks ago and she won't answer my pm's or emails. I just would like to know when she shipped so I can be expecting them and I'm trying to be understanding but I'm starting to worry because she won't answer me...is it too soon to panic about it?? I really needed the yarn as soon as possible as it's for some customs!!

Has she been on the forum since you purchased it? Have you emailed the mods at said forum to see if they can contact here about it? Is this the yarn that you needed stat for the custom? I remember your posting an ISO on another board for the yarn and then you found it elsewhere (why in the *WORLD* I remember things like this is beyond me... :lostit: ) Hope it comes soon, mama.

Tootsiemomma 09-07-2006 03:37 PM

No I found that one and it's knitted up and in it's new home already thanks! She has been on the forums. I posted a thread looking for her and she posted and said to email her, which I did, TWICE, and she hasn't responded yet. I've recently heard some bad things and I'm getting a bad taste in my mouth about it now. I should have listening to myself and not bought the yarn but I did need it. I just hope my customers understand

Tootsiemomma 09-11-2006 07:44 AM

update above

Knittress 09-11-2006 10:21 AM

((hugs))
Hope it comes soon, Judi.

Tootsiemomma 09-11-2006 12:14 PM

I got the yarn today but it's missing one skein, and I can't remember which one because she deleted all the pics off her post so I can't go back and see which ones I have. All I know is that I paid for 5 skeins and I have 4.....I've pm'd her but I highly doubt she gets back to me.....ugh!!!!!

Knittress 09-11-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma
I got the yarn today but it's missing one skein, and I can't remember which one because she deleted all the pics off her post so I can't go back and see which ones I have. All I know is that I paid for 5 skeins and I have 4.....I've pm'd her but I highly doubt she gets back to me.....ugh!!!!!

((hugs)) that just stinks. Have you alerted the admins on the other board? Maybe they can help?

Tootsiemomma 09-11-2006 01:25 PM

She got back to me, quick too and said she accidently forgot it and will ship it asap. I still have the pp thing on until I receive the last skein, she seems to be helping now so we'll see