Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Im trying to stay calm, what do I do? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39145)

mooandme 09-07-2006 05:15 PM

Im trying to stay calm, what do I do?

So I bought 3 dozen thirsties prefolds size baby premium as well as 3 bummis covers and 1 thirsties cover in large. The covers came today so while I wait for my prefolds I played with a few prefolds I have here. First I tried a premium prefold under bummis cover. It was huge and looked like he'd been in it for a week if you know what I mean. There was no way I'd be able to get any pants on him. I then cut it almost to the size of an infant prefold, just a tad longer. It was still pretty bulky, but tried on a pair of his pants for this winter (2t from cherokee). He was pretty upset with my trying to button him. It was way to tight. Last resort I tried an infant prefold under the bummis which is pretty trim. I think he is doing okay sitting now. He might be breathing a tad heavier but i could loosen his cover a bit
So now I have 3 dozen prefolds I can't use (deja vu) and I still have to buy diapers :banghead:
My son is extremely stocky with a very long torso and short legs. I have to fold 2 or 3 times. His 2ts fit in the gut and thigh area but the legs are way to long and the rise is usually to small (his 24 mos are showing bum crack at times). Going to 3t isn't an option.

So now what. I really don't feel like I can do this. The money though! How much I'd be saving and it will be nice to have a handle on it for #2. :cry: :headscratch: :banghead:

ETA: I trifolded the prefolds. I can't snappi or pin because he's tummy is to big.

MamaMegan 09-07-2006 05:19 PM

Re: Im trying to stay calm

The trimmest fit for me (when using Bummis) is to trifold instead of snappi-ing or pinning.

mooandme 09-07-2006 05:20 PM

My son's gut wont allow for a premium to be snappied or pinned. All I did was tri fold it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMegan
The trimmest fit for me (when using Bummis) is to trifold instead of snappi-ing or pinning.

myajdw 09-07-2006 05:27 PM

i have NO suggestions..you just now have me worrying what we're going to do when we need to upsize in pf's LOL!!!

momtophr 09-07-2006 05:27 PM

Re: Im trying to stay calm, what do I do?

how where you folding the prefold when you tried to snappi- i know on my buddha lol all i can do is the bikini twist and it work with a snappi. any other fold there isnt enough prefold. as far as the big ole booty that is really just part of CDs unless you go with some type of pocket diaper with a trim insert. hth

Hillbilly Bunny 09-07-2006 05:36 PM

I think a prefold folded just right with a bummis can be very trim. Do a bikini twist and snappi it maybe that will help ;)

Menfusse 09-07-2006 05:52 PM

I trimmed all of my premium pf's. they are slightly longer than and infant, but way shorter than they were originally. I just hated the bulk, and really, why do they need a diaper to come above their belly button? I trifold them and don't have any problems with clothes. HTH!

Righteous Recycles 09-07-2006 07:22 PM

You might want to consider getting someone to hem those pants.

sharebear2u 09-07-2006 07:37 PM

I was looking at a website that had different ways to fold a prefold---I have only tri folded them. It did show one way that was supposed to work well with "chubby" legged kids. It was laid down totally open over the wrap and twisted in the center. I don't know if that makes sense, but I will look for the site and try to post a link to it.

Personally I haven't tried it because my only one in diapers only uses them for catching accidents at nap time and night time. I am researching for our new addition that will arrive in Dec. :-)

Sherrie
here is one example, not the original one I saw,. but it shows how to do it.
http://www.babycottonbottoms.com/clo...er_folding.htm

momtophr 09-07-2006 07:39 PM

that is the bikini twist-- go to www.diaperpages.com and she has a page with all the different prefold folds. i used to be a snappi-phobic but now i love a snappi'd prefold!!