Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   taking newborn to ER (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39147)

shortcake2386 09-07-2006 06:25 PM

taking newborn to ER

ok im leaving as soon as dd finishes eating...she has been projectile vomiting all afternoon-and acting weird all day. she usually stays up most of the day, taking cat naps, but today she slept all day and was very hard to wake up to feed. i called the dr after she threw up the first time and the nurse said to call back if it looked like she wasnt keeping any bm down...so i called back after 4 times. as soon as she throws up she wants to eat again!!! anyways i called back and the nurse said to take her to ER bc dr office is closed and she was a low birth weight baby...so im going in as soon as she is done eating...dh is at work so im going by myself...for those who pray, pray for me...im not good with hospitals- or my dd getting stuck by needles, dh normally holds her so i can leave the room...

any ways i will update later...thanks

togg_mama 09-07-2006 06:26 PM

Re: taking newborn to ER

I'll be praying JoAnna. It's tough having your little one stuck, but know that if you're there she will have more comfort than if you're gone.

annes_cottage 09-07-2006 06:26 PM

Many prayers n hugs mama!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ChurchPunkMom 09-07-2006 06:27 PM

Praying!:hugs:
Babies and hospitals are not a fun combo. :(

Sarah 09-07-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom
Praying!:hugs:
Babies and hospitals are not a fun combo. :(

:youreright:

shortcake2386 09-08-2006 12:44 PM

she's fine the drs said its just reflux...but on a good note she is now up to 6lbs 12oz!!! she gained 13oz in one week!!!!! thanks for all your prayers!!! God bless

togg_mama 09-08-2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortcake2386
she's fine the drs said its just reflux...but on a good note she is now up to 6lbs 12oz!!! she gained 13oz in one week!!!!! thanks for all your prayers!!! God bless

:lostit: :hugs:

rpg_mommy 09-08-2006 01:28 PM

Yay! What great news!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-08-2006 01:31 PM

Thats great, they normally grow out of reflux. danae had it and was put on Reglan for a while, its all gone and has been for some time now, so goodluck:hugs:

camdensmommy 09-08-2006 02:24 PM

Hi There,

I wanted to let you know that my daughter had reflux too when she was a baby and the doc put her on Zantac. In her case, after researching the web a lot, I found what was causing her reflux and was able to take her of the meds.

It was a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. The tip off for me was the green stools. My doc kept telling me that they were normal but I didn't believe him and they smelled terrible. Some other signs are a really overactive and forceful/painful letdown and I can't remember what else. But if you do a google search on foremilk/hindmilk imbalance it should come up. It was very easy to fix we just kept nursing on the same side for 3-4 feedings before switching to the other breast. I was able to take her off the meds and she was fine. The doc was really shocked when I brought her in for her next appointment and told him what it was and that she was no longer on meds. He had never even heard of FM/HM imbalance. He was writing things down as I talked about it - very funny. His wife even bf all their kids. I am constantly amazed at the ignorance in the medical field when it comes to nursing, including hospitals.

I hope yours is an easy fix like this too. Sometimes there is nothing that can be done. My daughter still spit up a lot after we fixed the reflux but it wasn't projectile and it didn't cause her any discomfort. She was a baby that just spit up a lot. As the little thing in her throat matured (sorry forgot it's name) she stopped spitting it up.

Jessica