Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can't find clothes to go over diapers! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39270)

Teresa 09-08-2006 07:35 AM

Can't find clothes to go over diapers!

I'm having the hardest time finding clothes that will fit my 14-month-old cloth diapered daughter. We've increased the number of dresses she wears, so that helps some. The biggest issue is with pants. If a pair fit her in the waist, they are really long.

I know I can't be the only one with this problem. What does everyone else do?

GoddessWifeMom 09-08-2006 07:46 AM

Re: Can't find clothes to go over diapers!

I have found that for the most part AIO's fit best under pants for our DD. But I can also get pants that are 1 size bigger than her normal size to fit fine over a snappi'd Bikini twisted PF and a bummi's SWW cover.

Most of the time when we are around the house she doesn't really wear jeans or anything so I just throw on a pair of sweat pants or none at all. It's really only when we go out that we need to find something that works.

Also longies are wonderful for pants that fit over cloth and they are cute so they can be worn out to. :)

I am going to get some Daisy Doodles because I have heard those are sooo trim and fit under jeans and DD has a lot of cute jeans that she HAS to wear. :)

So ya with our DD I just go one size bigger and everything fits, but with our DD I can do that because she is really tall but skinny so my problem is that the waist is then too big but length is fine. LOL but the cloth diaper takes care of needed bulk in the waist.

I say try the cheapest stretchy pants you can find. I think it's all trial and error also some brands are bigger than others so maybe that might help.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Hillbilly Bunny 09-08-2006 07:51 AM

What are you using under those pants?

We use super trim AIOs like PP, BB, and my own AIOs. We can use Swaddlebees AIOs in most pants, but they are alittle bulkier ;)

deeannielannie 09-08-2006 07:58 AM

We like fluffy fitteds here, so my dd's got a pretty big diaper booty. I usually get bigger sized pants and roll them up or hem them. Another thing that works really well is long shirts or short dresses with larger size bloomers underneath or a onesie, and when it's chilly, also babylegs.

It's not perfect....but we make it work. :)

My2punkins 09-08-2006 08:12 AM

I'm not sure what size your dd wears, but my dd is 7 mos and in size 12 mos for most things.. I found this pair of stretchy pants at JCPenney in person and had to order several more online (cut and paste into your browser):
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=327&CatID=34222&CatTyp=DEP&It emTyp=C&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0f27923&ProdSeq=9&Cat=bo ttoms&Dep=Kids%27&PCat=Infant+Girls&PCatID=31749&R efPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=31&RecPtr=&Show Menu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll.aspx& RefCatID=31749&RefDeptID=327&Page=2&CmCatId=327|28 384|31749|34222
You cant see it but there are cute ruffles on the back of them and they don't fit tight like leggings but more loosely like sweats. I love 'em over her CDs and don't mind that she wears them all the time (we have 3 or 4 different colors on the way to us). I love the cuteness of infant/toddler jeans but to me they seem so uncomfortable so we opt for cute overalls instead. I'm always rolling stuff up at the cuffs :)

bsydprmkn 09-08-2006 09:34 AM

we were sweatpants, stretchy pants, and lots of dresses if its warm enough.

eommato3 09-08-2006 09:43 AM

Last winter we used Gymboree's leggings with different swing tops. They stretch really well and are adorable on a CD bum. I have to go search for more for this year because I'm sure DD has outgrown them. I'm sure you could check their website for the latest colors and styles.

I also noticed in Target the other day, cute flare bottomed pants with stretch that were cheap. I'm thinking they were $5 or maybe less with coordinating tops just as cheap! Just buy them a little larger and you can hem them or use Stitch Witchery(at Joannes) and evenly fold them up to her length and iron. It is a cheaters way to "no Sew" something you need hemmed.

Good luck!

Teresa 09-08-2006 09:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback. My dd wears Mother-Ease fitteds, Fuzzi Bunz, and snappied prefolds, so she always has the bubble rump. I'll check into those pants at Penney's, and I like the overall idea too. Yeah! There's hope.

Shaineinok 09-08-2006 09:56 AM

JCpenney's brand. Okie dokie they are cut bigger though the bum. I have been using them for years now and they fit great!

Hillbilly Bunny 09-08-2006 10:04 AM

Have you ever tried a trimmer insert for your FBs? I love DuckyBuns inserts! They are very absorbant and trim ;)