Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   neglected Right side (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392924)

rara4h@yahoo.com 04-11-2008 10:25 PM

neglected Right side

My DS who is 5 months has recently stopped wanting to nurse on the right side. he keeps getting off and when I offer the left he is fine. I know my production is going to go down on that side. What can I do to increase my production?

Kismet 04-11-2008 11:11 PM

Re: neglected Right side

Try changing the hold your holding him in to nurse. This is really too much info but I have a fairly large chest and when Quin did this I could kinda hold him on the side he perfered and sneak my other breast over to nurse him and by holding him a different hold like a sitting football he kinda was tricked into thinking he was nursing his favorite side. They do pick favorites, well my first did and I produced way way more in my right side for the longest time!

mama2bay1 04-12-2008 06:31 AM

my DD who is 10 months only nurses on the right, she is doing great, she would never nurse on the left even early on:headscratch: never figured out why, by anyhow my right breast is huge, it was forced to make all the milk for her, and my poor left breast is a tiny sad little thing:giggle: , but other then being lopsided big time, she has done very well is eating plenty.... I only wish I had tried more with the left before giving up on it though. I would say keep trying before throwing in the towel like me.
good luck:goodvibes:

rara4h@yahoo.com 04-12-2008 08:10 AM

thanks! I will try it!

foxygoober 04-12-2008 08:35 AM

My lo eats from both sides, but still one side makes less (it was the same with ds 1 though too.)
Isn't it funny how they get preferences for such things???

rara4h@yahoo.com 04-12-2008 09:18 AM

Yup. Its like the left side is for chowing down. and the right is for nibbling. LOL

sweety13 04-12-2008 09:22 AM

Same here :)

momaof2boys 04-12-2008 12:46 PM

My kiddos have always prefered my right side over the left. DS#2 gave up the left side at 13mths and I continued to nurse him on just one side till 20mths. I managed to keep him nursing that side for as long as he did by "tricking" him into nursing the left side while turned the way he normally would be to nurse the right (holding him with my right arm).

proudmommaof4 04-12-2008 02:51 PM

my kids all prefered the left to the right but I just kept working on it and they would nurse on both sides, just not as impressed with the right.