Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Update!!! WWYD? Due in 5 weeks, diapers lost! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39296)

ahisma 09-08-2006 08:18 AM

Update!!! WWYD? Due in 5 weeks, diapers lost!

Update!

They're here:lostit: :lostit: :lostit:

Murphy's law...as soon as I post they show up! Thank goodness they aren't in the cargo hold of a plane somewhere. I think that thought is waht really drove me nuts!

Here's DH's email response when I told him...even he's been worried:giggle:

Quote:

cool!!!!!
whew!!!!
relief!!!
we must celebrate this momentous arrival of the diapers with dinner this evening!

I'm due in 5 weeks, but expected to go early, probably in 2-3 weeks, although obviously that's not a definite thing.

I ordered a bunch of prefolds from a co-op (not DS) and they are lost in the mail. Totally lost, the PO told me that they are probably shoved in the corner of a cargo hold on some airplane and it may take a while for them to be "discovered". They were shipped priority with DS and insurance, but it's too early to make a claim. At this point they are just about 2 weeks late.

So...should I make other arrangements, or wait a bit longer? Obviously I could use sposies, but I really don't want to b/c I'm concerned that it will make it tough to convince DH to switch once they arrive. I just don't even want to start that habit.

I *could* buy more IPFs I suppose, but money is tight (my student loan got held up and we purchased my law school books with cash...not cheap). Plus, I'd wind up paying far more than the co-op prices, and then I would be stuck with extra diapers when the co-op order arrives (if it arrives). But, obviously I need diapers.

Here's what I have on hand now:

IPFs, etc:
24 infant IPFs
6 Disana organic tie-nappies
1 bumGenius! one size

Newborn size:
5 kissaluvs 0s
1 nanipoos nb fitted
8 assorted nb covers

Small size:
6 covered caboose hemp fitteds
1 WAHM flannel fitted
6 didee-snugfitteds (I don't have much faith in these)
9 assorted covers

I also have a few miscellaneous mediums, but that's not a concern right now.

Here's what is in the missing box:
36 preemie IPFs
12 infant IPFs
24 regular IPFs
6 premium IPFs
20 pins
10 deodisks
1 diaper sprayer

So...any suggestions? I'm expecting the baby to be 6-7 lbs, if that helps.

Here are the options suggested by DH
1) Try to make what we have work.
2) Order 1 dozen preemie IPFs.
3) Use a diaper service for the first month (MIL *may* pay for this)
4) Use sposies.

Okay...I'm sorry that got so long, I have a habit of trying to include as much pertinent info as possible, and it's been quite the saga:banghead:

GoddessWifeMom 09-08-2006 08:25 AM

Re: WWYD? Due in 5 weeks, diapers lost!

What you have on hand now is more than what I will have for our DS when he comes in less than 8 weeks. LOL

Now you are making me worry that I don't have nearly enough, all of these posts asking if people have enough and it's about 6 times what I have. ;)

I would check out the FSOT here for some cheap PF's if you are really worried about it. Also some other sites that might have some used for sale.

I know of one online store that had some for SUPER cheap almost as cheap as a co-op I think like 9.95 or something for 12, I will look around and see if I can find it.

Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest but I seriously think you have enough with what you have, you might have to do laundry more than every 2-3 days but you could make it work.

lutgen 09-08-2006 08:38 AM

looks like you have enough for 3 days worth of changes - I figure 12/day.... if you wash every other day - you should be just fine and not close to running out - I think you'll be fine

Shaineinok 09-08-2006 08:44 AM

Your alright with what you have! :)

Termie 09-08-2006 08:44 AM

Yeah looks to me like you have enough to get started. I wouldn't worry about buying more right now. I used infant pfs on ds when he was a newborn. With mostly pfs your laundry will go fast, they have a fast dry time.

Sorry yours are "lost" somewhere. :( How long until you can file a return?

ahisma 09-08-2006 08:52 AM

Thanks for all the input!

I guess I was thinking that I would really want the preemie IPFs, but it looks like they really aren't that big of a deal. The fitteds are really for DH, since he'll be home with the baby 2 nights a week while I'm at school, for about 8 hours at a time (I have a 3 hour round trip commute)

I have no idea when I can file a claim. They had told me I could yesterday, but when I went down to the PO, they told me that I had to wait 30 days. I looked on their website and it said 21. Plus, I can't file it myself, the shipper has to do it. I'm sure she will be willing to, but I feel terrible asking her to do one more thing, since she's pregnant too and has already put so much work into this co-op.

Oh well...hopefully they'll show up at some point and it won't even be an issue.

Julesmom23girls 09-08-2006 08:55 AM

The premie size would probably be nice the first few weeks but I bet you can make due w/ the infant size. You may have to wash more often than you had planned but I think you will be ok. Hopefully the others will show up in the nick of time. Sorry for you PO woes.

momof4 09-08-2006 09:08 AM

I used infant pfs on ds from when he was born, since that's what I had on hand; just folded 'em down. It worked fine. Sorry to hear about the lost dipes!

ahisma 09-08-2006 09:26 AM

Re: Update!!! WWYD? Due in 5 weeks, diapers lost!

Update in first post.

They're here:lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: :lostit:

redheadedangels 09-08-2006 10:07 AM

Re: Update!!! WWYD? Due in 5 weeks, diapers lost!

YAY! Glad they arrived!! that was alot of fluff in that box!! :)