Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ANTS! HELP! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3967)

Luvmybabies 05-06-2006 02:42 PM

ANTS! HELP!

Okay, we found 2 ants in Chloe & Corey's room last night.... got rid of them put the kids to bed and didn't give it another thought....
Corey just woke up from a nap and there were ants everywhere in their room! Jim already pulled the room apart, vacuumed up the 30 something ants and is trying to find where they are coming from right now.

Is there some sort of natural repllant I can use to keep them out of the kids room? This is the only place in the house that there are ants, they don't eat in there so there aren't any crumbs or anything.

Shannon 05-06-2006 02:53 PM

Re: ANTS! HELP!

We have had ants every spring/summer/fall since we lived here. I tried torro, making my own Sugar/poison traps and everything...nothing..I mean NOTHING worked. So I gave up...we call the exterminator:) We have millions in our house though...well at lease thousands for sure...Thank goodness for Tom the Ant Killer :D

Shannon 05-06-2006 02:53 PM

Oh, it was Boric Acid I used in my homemade traps.

MamaJenn 05-06-2006 03:09 PM

eww we have ant issues here too...they always come out when the weather is nice...you drop anything on the floor they come like vultures:yuck:

Luv2bemommy 05-06-2006 03:10 PM

ANTS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

We tried vinager, borax, ant traps and nothing has worked!! I finally gave in and bought some spray from walmart and it really works! I dont remember the name of it but it was pretty cheap and its odorless and its clear, its in a clear bottle..

Luvmybabies 05-06-2006 03:20 PM

Ugh... this is gross! I wish they were anywhere but my kids room! Jim just went to the store - our neighbor swears by this mixture - Borax, grape jelly and wet cat food. We'll see what happens.

Luv2bemommy 05-06-2006 08:05 PM

Yea I have read about that online but without the cat food.. LOL My mother said just sprinkling plain borax worked for her but it didnt for us!! We have ants pretty bad in the bathrooms and in the kitchen.. We do see them every now and then in the bed rooms too, but this spray works! lol

2sweetboys 05-06-2006 08:28 PM

We have all kinds of bugs here! It makes me feel so gross, almost to the point of not having any company over. I don't want them to think that we live filthy and only picked up for company, kwim? I'm not just talking ants and flies either....I chase the little stupid wood roaches! They look like cockroaches but they don't fly and they aren't as big....but still just as gross. We have sprayed, bombed, you name it and nothing works. I hate it here!

Luckily we are closing on our new house by June 1st and will be out of here. The new house has sat empty for 2 years and I didn't see one single bug or cob web even. And I know that no one cleans it because the owners live over an hour away and have only come back to sign stuff.

ocfb16 05-06-2006 08:32 PM

We had ants BAD! The only thing that helped was calling an exterminator. It does cost but it was well worth it. Plus it adds up always having to buy or try new things to get rid of the ants and most of the time doesnt even work. We havent had any ants show up for at least 6 months.

wbkt8 05-06-2006 08:59 PM

yeah, the ants just re-emerged at our house too....grrr. i have some of that toro boric ant stuff to try just haven't gotten it out yet. the big problem is that dh (and me too sometimes) keep leaving things out on the counter and that always brings them out big time).