Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Highly Recommend Nature's Sunshine 5-W Herbal Formula (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398648)

MommaBunny 04-17-2008 01:56 PM

Highly Recommend Nature's Sunshine 5-W Herbal Formula

I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but I VERY highly recommend the herbal formula 5-W made by Nature's Sunshine. I worked as an herbalist before DD was born two weeks ago and used 5-W (so named because it's intended to be used during the last 5 weeks of pregnancy) at the recommendation of my coworkers.

Myself included, there have been six pregnancies between the three female employees at the store I worked at, and all of us used 5-W starting at week 35. Every pregnancy ended in a natural birth with an incredibly short pushing stage (all six were pushed out in 30 minutes or less!). We think that 5-W is a large part of the reason for the unanimously good outcomes.

Thought I'd let you ladies know. It's a little bit expensive, but well worth the investment. :thumbsup:

~happy2Bamommy~ 04-17-2008 03:22 PM

Re: Highly Recommend Nature's Sunshine 5-W Herbal Formula

I second this!

Using it for the 4th time but had to cut the dosage back due to being very worried my midwife won't make it! Actually,my midwife said not to use it since I go so fast but I told her I was to afraid to not take at least a little bit and then it be what has made my past births so great! I want a little in my system! This and Nature's Sunshine Red Raspberry are great!

I also bleed very little afterward and heal up so fast~ Seriously wouldn't want to labor without having taken these :thumbsup:

kezoo 04-17-2008 07:36 PM

Hmmm, so if my previous L&D was 5 hours, with only 2 pushes needed (and my mw is 45 minutes away), should I take it??? :giggle:

MommaBunny 04-17-2008 09:55 PM

Well, my labor itself didn't go ALL that fast, and neither did the other women who I worked with--it was just the pushing phase that was exceptionally short. I was in easy/early labor for about ten hours, hard labor (6-10 cm) for about three hours, and pushed for 20 minutes. It was my first birth. I'd maybe take a half dose or so if you're worried your MW won't make it. (;

camdensmommy 04-18-2008 12:23 AM

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to ask my m/w which one she is going to have me take then. I know there is a whole bunch more herbal stuff she is going to give me near the end. :) I really appreciate the tip.

~happy2Bamommy~ 04-18-2008 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kezoo (Post 3351068)
Hmmm, so if my previous L&D was 5 hours, with only 2 pushes needed (and my mw is 45 minutes away), should I take it??? :giggle:

This is what I have to ask myself every time LOL! Thankfully my new midwife is much closer to methis time around. (40 minutes versus 1 hour 45 minutes)

My longest labor was 5ish hours and a sunny side up baby....last one was 1 hour 31 minutes..10.14 and I actually kept telling my DH *I* didn't have to push! I ended up pushing some right before DS crowned but it was all so fast I can't even remember how many times :giggle:

I am still taking it this time but only a tiny bit! I am afraid to labor without it~

cheeky 04-18-2008 11:33 AM

so what is it? my last labor was 4 hours, i pushed one and a half times. my first labor was about 6 hours of active labor, and i pushed three times. if i take this will my child skid across the floor like in the movies? lol. what i'm most interested in though is to help with the bleeding afterward, i bled for a month with my second.

sweetpeamami83 04-18-2008 12:17 PM

where do you get it? is it expensive? Can you get it anywhere other then online? I am 36 weeks today is it too late to start taking it?

OneFabMama 04-18-2008 12:19 PM

Good to know! Thanks!

~happy2Bamommy~ 04-18-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeky (Post 3356015)
so what is it? my last labor was 4 hours, i pushed one and a half times. my first labor was about 6 hours of active labor, and i pushed three times. if i take this will my child skid across the floor like in the movies? lol. what i'm most interested in though is to help with the bleeding afterward, i bled for a month with my second.

I don't think it will skid across the floor :giggle: might though!

The herbs in it help many different things..here is a list of them so if you have an herbal book you can look them up :thumbsup:

black cohosh
squaw vine
dong quai
butchers broom
red raspberry

I also am taking extra red raspberry and wheat germ oil.