Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Could anyone suggest a parenting book on raising Boys? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39886)

CDFreak 09-09-2006 10:36 PM

Could anyone suggest a parenting book on raising Boys?

I think the title speaks for itself, I am looking for a parenting book about raising boys or a very good parenting book in general. Thanks!:goodvibes:

jkelstaten 09-09-2006 11:15 PM

Re: Could anyone suggest a parenting book on raising Boys?

I haven't read it (I only have girls), but a good friend of mine recommends James Dobson's book. I think it's called Raising Boys. She said it's really good. Talks about issues specific to boys.

Again, I HAVE NOT read it, so I'm not vouching for it myself....but she usually has a good opinion.:goodvibes:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 09-10-2006 12:11 AM

I may check that out too :)

CDFreak 09-10-2006 09:40 AM

Thanks! Someone else has recommeded that book as well, I will go and check it out. :goodvibes:

j9_shooter9 09-10-2006 10:07 AM

The Dobson book is great!! It's actually called "Bringing up Boys" though.

:thumbsup:

MCR 09-10-2006 05:03 PM

Theres also Real Boys, by William Pollack
I have read it a while back, but don't remember much (I read too many) But it trys to dispell myths about boys, about them being sensitive etc. Probably a good one for dh to read, before they start the "suck it up" type attitude towards boys getting hurt or upset.

earthflower 09-10-2006 05:51 PM

:thumbsup: awesome thread

Dsunny1 09-10-2006 07:55 PM

Raising Cain, Is also a highly regarded book about boys and how to help them become caring, strong, and repectful young men. Many of the therapists I work with at residential placement centers for children have this book on their shelves to share with parents.

1bigfamily 09-10-2006 09:06 PM

Bringing up Boys by James Dobson is a great book. I learned ALOT! I came from a family of all girls and I thought my son was broken because he didn't act like I thought he should. Come to find out that MOST of the things that were broken were just natural to boys! It is a great book.

CDFreak 09-11-2006 10:59 PM

Thanks Ladies!:goodvibes: