Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   nursing necklaces (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401457)

amphibology29 04-20-2008 06:43 PM

nursing necklaces

I never used one with DS but am planning to with this LO, but I'm not sure what the best way to use it is. Do you use it only when you're going out in public to help keep LO from being distracted? Or all the time? Or something else?

foxygoober 04-20-2008 06:59 PM

Re: nursing necklaces

I've always wondered the same thing . . .just me smiling at this ds distracts him . . .but the smile back is sooo worth it!

SublimeBaby 04-21-2008 12:08 AM

I use them mainly out in public.. but sometimes at home when Ive left one on :) Some babies get kinda desensitized to them when you wear them all the time.. and some stay fascinated. I think it's important to find the best necklace for the baby. Some dont like jewelry type necklaces and prefer the bright plastic beaded ones.. or black, white and red ones.. or shiny ones... or ones with silver on them that catches light.

one_lucky_mom 04-21-2008 12:16 AM

I have a plastic beaded one I got from Tickled Pink Designs and my dd enjoyed playing with it just as a toy and never on my neck really, but like mama above stated every baby is different.

Shawna in CA 04-21-2008 09:01 PM

Mine loves nursing necklaces, and regular necklaces, and anything I wear around my neck. It's all good. I use them around the house, in public, and anywhere in between. LOL

I took her to the bead store for the first time a couple of days ago (I make my own jewelry and the bead store is a home away from home), and she was going crazy trying to grab everything & touch them, and put them in her mouth. It was an endless array of "nursing necklaces". LOL

twogreencars 04-21-2008 10:55 PM

My now 18mo DD also loves nursing necklaces, and regular necklaces, and anything I wear around my neck, like an ID badge.

However, I really only like her to pull, tug, play with my nursing necklaces because they are strong enough to withstand her playing and I know that they are not made of toxic plastic or lead crystal, etc. They really work and help focus her on breastfeeding and help keep her from being distracted and also pinching me or pulling my hair. I wear it when I'm babywearing her and they are also useful to keep her little hands occupied when I'm changing her (so those little hands don't into her fuzzi bunz).

I use them at home, in public, really anywhere. I often get compliments on my "beautiful" necklace from those who don't realize I'm wearing a nursing necklace. :giggle: