Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When you say DC is long and skinny . . . (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40373)

widdletigger 09-11-2006 02:03 PM

When you say DC is long and skinny . . .

When you say your DC is long and skinny . . . what do you mean?

I mesured DS today . . . 17 maybe 17.5 inch rise . . . 14 inch waist . . . I think of him as long and skinny . . . Lenth wise he isin 12 month cloths but we can't put pants on him because his waist is so small. He is 7 and a half months old now (1-24-06 birthday).

Im just curious what size other long skinny kids are ??
Im thinking this really is not the build of most kids his age since he is below the 5th precentile for weight now and in the 50th for length as of his last apointment (last week)

maxmazmom 09-11-2006 02:06 PM

Re: When you say DC is long and skinny . . .

Elisabeth,

Sounds like he is built a lot like my DD, who I would describe as long and lean. She is in the 3rd percentile for weight and the 70th for height. I need to measure her again, but she has basically outgrown most of her diapers risewise but still has plenty of room in the waist.

BTW, nice to see you over here. :) (this is dnield/skilovr from TBW)

Dorothy

Mommy2Cadence 09-11-2006 02:07 PM

My dd is 19 months has a 14.5 in waist, 16 in rise, 9 in thighs, and 33 in tall. She's 21lbs

SarahJane 09-11-2006 02:08 PM

Our son is older than yours. But I think when their height is in a very different percentile than the weight it makes them long and lean.

Our son is 35" tall and weighs 24lbs. He is almost 17 months old and still wears 12 month pants. His waist is 18". He looks really tall next to any babies his age or for that matter even 2 year olds.

J3nn 09-11-2006 02:10 PM

My 15 month old is 26lbs and 36 inches. He wears 24 month clothes because he is so tall. He easily fits in medium FBs.

9800Emily 09-11-2006 02:21 PM

My dd is in the 95% for hight and 30% for weight. At her last check up she was 16lbs and 26 or 27 inches long, can't remember for sure :blush: . I thought my dd had a long rise at 16, but your DS has her beat.

urchin_grey 09-11-2006 04:31 PM

My 16mo DS weighs 18lbs, 11oz and is 28 inches long. He still wears 9-12 tops and bottoms and can even still fit into most of his 6-9 months stuff (except onsies). Oh, and all his diapers are mediums and all of them have to be on the tightest snaps.

And I'm mad because I bought a bunch of 12-18 months stuff for him for his birthday and it STILL doesn't fit. :banghead:

09-11-2006 07:28 PM

my 10 month old is in the 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight. his rise is 18" and his waist is 18" with diaper, but probably more like 16". i just got a bunch of 18month pants, thinking that he'll have a bigger butt with the cloth diapers, but today when i put them on they fall off because the waist is far too big! :banghead: good thing i got them secondhand, so they were only a few bucks each. :giggle:

so what are all of you mamas of long skinny dudes using for diapers? his rise is too big for a lot of mediums (like daisy doodles, i just discovered :cry: ) but his butt looks positively huge in some of the large pockets i've tried (ella's).

- mel

Celticcloths 09-11-2006 07:34 PM

I've said that about both my kids. They are both like the other poster's, 25th percentile for weight and 75th or so for height. If they didn't wear cloth diapers, there would be nothing to hold up their pants!

urchin_grey 09-11-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pingumel
my 10 month old is in the 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight. his rise is 18" and his waist is 18" with diaper, but probably more like 16". i just got a bunch of 18month pants, thinking that he'll have a bigger butt with the cloth diapers, but today when i put them on they fall off because the waist is far too big! :banghead: good thing i got them secondhand, so they were only a few bucks each. :giggle:

so what are all of you mamas of long skinny dudes using for diapers? his rise is too big for a lot of mediums (like daisy doodles, i just discovered :cry: ) but his butt looks positively huge in some of the large pockets i've tried (ella's).

- mel

Hmm... Well, we don't have a major problem with rise, because Bram isn't THAT tall or anything but I have noticed a big difference in some of his dipes. PWs, Baby Soft Wraps, and his Sugar Plum Baby (from HC) are all pretty long in the rise. His Little Beetle though, is pretty short. He wears it on the tightest setting so I don't think it will last until the biggest setting. Sorry I can't be of more help, we have only been CDing for a few weeks so I don't have a ton of experience. :mrgreen: