Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What else do I need for my nb stash? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40406)

ktandgt 09-11-2006 04:01 PM

What else do I need for my nb stash?

I haven't cd'd a newborn yet so any advice is helpful. I have gotten ideas from other threads but thought I would post what I have (or at least planning on getting...I don't have it all yet) and see what I am missing.

12 infant prefolds
12 preemie prefolds
7 Kissaluv 0's
2 LHC NB fitteds
2 NB Bummis pull on pants
1 NB Gerber cover
2 NB prorap covers
1 NB BSWW
1 sm BSWW
1 sm Gerber cover
1 sm Prorap cover
1 nb longies
1 nb soaker
snappis
wipes

What about doublers, are those necessary for newborns?

I was thinking of getting some more wool but I don't know if I want to invest in NB wool or get smalls. Any input on that and if so any place you recommend.

Thanks for your input!!

J3nn 09-11-2006 04:04 PM

Re: What else do I need for my nb stash?

Looks like you are set. If anything, I would add a few more fitteds or prefolds and it seems like you have enough covers.

angel0123 09-11-2006 04:04 PM

Doublers are an option but I would probably just cut some fleece squares to put up to babys skin. Did you kl0's not come with doublers? I would stick to the wool you got and start concentrating on small.
BTW I am very jealous of your stash... your ready to diaper a nb now... I wish I was that prepared and I have been buying b/f my bfp... lol

ktandgt 09-11-2006 04:08 PM

Wow you ladies are quick :)
Laura, I don't have all of this yet I still have a couple things to buy from this list, but hopefully soon. I still need 6 infant and 3 preemie prefolds, 1 nb bsww and 1 sm bsww. No, my kl's didn't come with doublers. I have tons of fleece so that is a good idea!

gamecaco4 09-11-2006 04:14 PM

Wow! Im impressed with your (to be) stash! Im CD'ing a nb for the first time, too.

Good luck!

myajdw 09-11-2006 04:26 PM

24 preemie pf's is a better idea, as is 24 infant pf's. i think you might want 3 more fitteds than that. also get another nb bsww. for the small size you'll want at least 6 covers imo. also i agree concentrate on the small wool now. i good thing for doublers at this age imo is to have some 8x4 wipes made up (or buy some that mama's have posted already made) out of fl/sh, sh/vl, vl/fl ect. they fit perfect and are cheaper, plus you can customize the layers that way!
how many wipes do you have and what are they made of? i found the fl/fl ones are easier when they're this tiny b/c they're easier to get into the little tiny folds! missmindi has some cheap ones!
once you have the rest of the nb stuff bought and the rest of the infant pf's i suggest getting a few small fitteds to tide you over while you sell off the nb stuff to buy more small stuff (if this is your plan, your infant pf's will still fit at that point, which is one reason you should have 24 instead of 12).

this is all just my opinon! :)

ktandgt 09-11-2006 04:36 PM

I love the idea of wipes for the doublers, thanks!

myajdw 09-11-2006 04:44 PM

you are very welcome lol....i sometimes just folded the 8x8 fl/vl ones in half and used them too, but with the 8x4 you can really customize it. just have 2 layers or 6 if you want. it all depends. or you can do a few fl/fl ones and than have cushy one on top of it all. it's really nice and super cheap! why buy a 4 layer doubler for $2 when you can get a fl/sh 8x8 wipe for $1 and fold it in half?

urchin_grey 09-11-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myajdw
you are very welcome lol....i sometimes just folded the 8x8 fl/vl ones in half and used them too, but with the 8x4 you can really customize it. just have 2 layers or 6 if you want. it all depends. or you can do a few fl/fl ones and than have cushy one on top of it all. it's really nice and super cheap! why buy a 4 layer doubler for $2 when you can get a fl/sh 8x8 wipe for $1 and fold it in half?

I do the same thing!
Actually, I found some very THICK (and cheap) wipes on HC... I didn't know that they would be that thick, and I just wasn't reaching for them as much as my thinner wipes (since DS barely makes a mess when he poops LOL). I was actually using them for wash cloths often though! Then, I realized they would make great doublers because they are just THAT thick. Here's the links... they're all out of stock right now though, except one girly one. But she restocks often, I believe.

Girly print (fl/vl)
Boyish print (fl/sherpa)
GN print (fl/natural terry)

ETA: I forgot to mention that these are considered "seconds". Basically, just because she's learning how to surge, LOL. But mine had nothing wrong with them!

myajdw 09-11-2006 06:48 PM

oh i wanted to add, a lot of mama's don't think the preemie pf's that important. keep in mind though that later on these make wonderful doublers for bigger dipes (again going w/the $1 doubler lol)!!! and the perfect size for stuffing small pockets as well.