Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DD fell, does this look bad?!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40627)

Tootsiemomma 09-12-2006 09:15 AM

DD fell, does this look bad?!!!

I'm so freaking out right now, Dakotah's never had a bruise and this is the first time she's really fallen hard, I called the pedi, they told me since it was near her eye, they are worried about bleeding into her eye, does this look bad enough to do that??
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...1/100_2069.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...1/poorbaby.jpg

Tootsiemomma 09-12-2006 09:18 AM

Re: DD fell, does this look bad?!!!

please help asap!! I need to decide if I need to take her in or not

Shaysbabygirls 09-12-2006 09:21 AM

HUGS mama!
I don't think it looks bad enough for that. If she would have hit her eye, it would have showed up pretty fast. I almost lost my eyesight in my right eye because (ok, everyone laugh) I got hit in the eye with a flute on the last day of band camp, before school started my freshman year in high school. We had to practice twice a day, and it was right after our picnic, and my best friend and I were practicing together informally. Well, our band director said something about how if the flutists wanted to twirl their instruments, they may as well be a majorette. My best friend got mad retelling the story, and swung her flute. (we played softball, and she could hit REALLY hard) Well, I was sitting in the right spot, and the head piece came off and hit me right in the eye! I almost lost my vision, and even after 1 1/2 months, my eye was STILL red about 1/2 way down! (I have blue/gray eyes, so my iris was purple...LOL) I was on lots of meds and blood thinners and missed my first week of my freshman year in high school... :(
Usually when you get hit on the face, as it's healing the blood will "move south" which can give an apperance of a black eye, but I would say that if you haven't seen any blood in the whites of her acutal eye, then things are ok! She looks pretty good in the pictures!

Anyway, that's JMO, having BTDT! LOL :)

I hope she feels better soon! I slammed open my front door once, because I was trying to run into the house (it was lightening) and London JUST so happened to be on the OTHER side of it, and I gave her the biggest goose egg I've ever seen! I felt HORRIBLE! But, if it bumps out, that's a GOOD thing, if it doesn't bump out, then it could be bleeding internally...

HUGS mama!

:hugs:

Rhianna'sMommy 09-12-2006 09:22 AM

Looks to me likes bumps dd's had that have faded by the end of the day. DD always has bumps and bruises on her though it seems like. So I wouldn't personally be worried. But if you are worried it can't hurt to take her in just to set you mind at ease.

Tootsiemomma 09-12-2006 09:24 AM

Ok thanks mommas, Her pedi said to watch it and see, I just freaked because it bruised immediately and it has a really hard knot

SewWhatMama 09-12-2006 09:24 AM

:hugs: It doesn't looks that bad....we get bumps and bruises a lot with 3 boys running around. You could try and put a bit of ice on it, if she will let you....but don't get too worried over it.

Shaysbabygirls 09-12-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma
Ok thanks mommas, Her pedi said to watch it and see, I just freaked because it bruised immediately and it has a really hard knot

ahh! poor thing! Bruises and cuts on the face tend to be SO much worse than in other parts of the body, because the head has so much blood going to it. Like, if you cut yourself on your head, it can bleed a lot, and seem so much worse than it is. That's probably why it bruised so quickly. I think the knot is the blood rushing to the injury site....

guess I should be studying more than surfing today, and then i'd know for sure! :giggle:

masonite 09-12-2006 09:28 AM

Poor baby!!

She looks okay to me!! I guess I'm just used to the bumps/bruises/owies that are associated with boys!

Camden has spent his entire life having one owie or another! He tries too much to do what his big brother does, and always ends up hurt!!

I'm sorry mama!! She should be okay, if it starts to swell, see if she'll let you put some ice on it, but it might be too late for that now! :thumbsup:

geckoed 09-12-2006 09:34 AM

it looks ok to me. Some arnica cream would help it a lot. If you don't have any my friend from Ireland swears by vaseline on a bruise :headscratch:

MamaMegan 09-12-2006 09:50 AM

Poor punkin. First falls, bumps and bruises are hard--- but that looks good (for being a bruise).