Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   gassy baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41078)

shortcake2386 09-13-2006 12:05 PM

gassy baby?

my dd has horrible gas it doesnt stink but she screams and it will even wake her up when she is asleep...i dont eat anything spicy or chocolate or caffeine...what else could cause it? also the gas drops dont work!!!!!!!! advice please...

AngelMommy 09-13-2006 01:16 PM

Re: gassy baby?

If you eat dairy, that could cause it. As far as advice goes, try bicycling her legs, or laying her over your arm so that her head is at your elbow and your palm is on her belly and her legs are hanging down, then pat her back relatively forcefully (not hurting her obviously). DS had very bad gas and this helped him immensely! HTH!

shortcake2386 09-13-2006 01:30 PM

i dont eat dairy...im allergic to milk but i will try patting her back like that thanks

Celticcloths 09-13-2006 01:35 PM

DD was the same way. She's still very gassy but it doesn't seem to bother her as much. But boy can that little girl clear a room! My midwife suggested some mint tea for me. I found Celestial Seasonings Tummy Time (or something like that) had all the other herbs she suggested too. I'd drink a couple of glasses a day and that really seemed to help her. Good luck, hopefully this phase will pass quickly for her.

mommyish 09-13-2006 03:25 PM

sometimes bf babies can have a sensitivity to whea, also. How is her nursing pattern...possible a foremilk/hindmilk correlation?
Rolling baby on a big beach ball helps, too!

StacyB 09-13-2006 03:45 PM

Rolling her on her belly, work her legs toward her belly and back out.

ANd Gripe water works AWESOME

andrea0324 09-13-2006 06:18 PM

When my DD was gassy in the begininng, she loved to swing. It was the only thing that would stop the screaming. When she's not gassy she hates the swing, but it must feel good when she has a tummy ache....

HTH
Andrea

a_cthelen 09-13-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StacyB
Rolling her on her belly, work her legs toward her belly and back out.

ANd Gripe water works AWESOME

I second the gripe water suggestion. Mylecon did nothing for DS.

CMamma 09-13-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortcake2386
i dont eat dairy...im allergic to milk but i will try patting her back like that thanks

Do you eat anything w/any milk products in it? Like casein? I found out that's actually what was causing all the gassiness & pain in DS b/c he was specifically allergic to that. That is in flippin everything too. Even veggie cheese!

gamecaco4 09-13-2006 08:41 PM

My son was a gassy baby since birth. We tried everything from "bicycling" his legs to rolling around to Mylicon and Gripe Water. Finally, the owner of our one natural food store said to try Bubble-B-Gone. That was it. I dont remember what is in it, but we used it religously for over a year every single day.

Now, at 2.5 years, his ped said to give 1/4-1/2 of a Gas-X chewable depending on severity of gas.

Good luck to you. I know how hard it is to have a constantly gassy baby who is in pain because of it.