Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   saggy postpartum tummies-any miracle cures?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41087)

threekstrio 09-13-2006 12:20 PM

saggy postpartum tummies-any miracle cures??

Are there any creams, treatments, excercises, anything that you mamas recommend? I think it's especially worse because of 2 (unplanned) c-sections very close together. Help mamas!! : )

Tootsiemomma 09-13-2006 12:36 PM

Re: saggy postpartum tummies-any miracle cures??

Not much help here, I credit my 62 lb weight loss and belly flattening to breastfeeding

threekstrio 09-13-2006 12:43 PM

I sure hear you mama!! I was back to my prepregnancy weight within 6 weeks postpartum and I credit it fully to bfing. : ) But it's the skin and its texture and appearance that bothers me. KWIM? <PS Congrats on your weight loss>

CMamma 09-13-2006 12:46 PM

I wish I had a cure. I think the only miracle is a tummy tuck? LOL :) I actually want to get one someday... I have also had two c-sections & I have a gorgeous section of skin that hangs down pretty far & constantly gets infected & sore... I mean, I can tuck it in. It's gross.

dirtdartwife 09-13-2006 12:46 PM

there pretty much isn't anything but a tummy tuck to cure the saggy skin. I know I'll have to get one because my second pregnany ruined the muscles so instead of being up and down and side to side... it's in V shape so the skin can't follow the mucles.

Dove's firming soap helped me out alot and anything with collagen might help. And running and push ups. because it uses abdominal muscles to hold your body straight up, it might help.

if you find the "miracle cure" please post again! :giggle:

mom2fussy 09-13-2006 12:52 PM

I've heard that those postpartum support bands help a little. Don't know for sure, since I never tried one myself. But I've also heard that women in India traditionally wrapped their stomachs fairly tight in cloth after a birth for the same reason.

jrk 09-13-2006 12:54 PM

I know over time, mine has gotten better after both pregnancy's. I don't think there's anything short of surgery to fix it after a while. Once you skin loses it's elasticity, it's gone for good.

tessa1002 09-13-2006 12:55 PM

I'm only 22 and have only one DC, who's 11 months now. I thought I got away lucky because of my age, (I have a few stretch marks) but the other day I had to take a drug test and there was a mirror in front of toilet. When I sat down you could see all this loose skin below my tummy! Even though I'm almost back to my pre-preg weight, I have yet to find something to take it away. I'll let you know when I do!

Oh, and I'm also planning on having a tummy tuck and a breast lift. (who knew a size A could droop so much?!) That is, as soon as we get rich!! :goodvibes:

Tootsiemomma 09-13-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2fussy
I've heard that those postpartum support bands help a little. Don't know for sure, since I never tried one myself. But I've also heard that women in India traditionally wrapped their stomachs fairly tight in cloth after a birth for the same reason.

I used the c-section support belt they gave me, maybe that's what helped? It eased the pain while sitting and walking.

Julesmom23girls 09-13-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CottonMamma
I wish I had a cure. I think the only miracle is a tummy tuck? LOL :) I actually want to get one someday... I have also had two c-sections & I have a gorgeous section of skin that hangs down pretty far & constantly gets infected & sore... I mean, I can tuck it in. It's gross.

I know this is a little different, but kind of the same. MY SIL had gastric bypass surgery for weight loss a couple of yrs ago. After wards her extra belly skin would get infected really easily and because of that her Ins covered her tummy tuck. So if you can find a plastic surgeon who will file the claim w/ your ins it might get covered. If you are getting infections and such.