Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I'm Considering Putting Him in Daycare Part-Time (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411818)

*Alabamamom* 05-01-2008 03:38 PM

I'm Considering Putting Him in Daycare Part-Time

Andrew just turned 2 in March and he seems to be getting bored. He doesn't have anyone to play with in his age range (at least not very often), although we do play with him a lot, I just don't think it's the same though. When we go anywhere, whether it be the grocery, doctors appt or park, if there is a another little child present his little face lights up and he immediately tries interacting.. It's so adorable and he's so mannerly. The other day at the drs office he was patting the chair beside him trying to entice a little girl to sit next to him. It was just precious! :wub: He gets so sad when the other child(ren) leave though. So, I looked into putting him into a daycare just very part time, I'm thinking maybe twice a week for 4 hours each time.. what do you all think? I'm just trying to figure out which 4 hour block I want to do exactly.. here is what this day care's schedule looks like:
8-8:30 Snack (or late breakfast)
8:30-9 Free play
9-10 Outside play
10-10:30 Music
10:30-11 Reading
11-11:30 Creative indoor play
11:30-12 Lunch
12-2 Nap
2-2:30 Snack
2:30-3:30 Outside play
3:30-4 Free Play

So, I'm thinking either 8-12 and he can skip the nap there.. that way he'll get to do all the fun stuff with outside play, music and reading etc.. They will also continue working on his potty learning there too. I think he will respond nicely to that because he likes to mimic what other children are doing so if he see's many taking a potty break, he is going to want to do the same.. :giggle: Oh I think he will enjoy himself imensely getting together with other kids.. Anyone else doing this, or considering it?

Delaney 05-01-2008 03:40 PM

Re: I'm Considering Putting Him in Daycare Part-Time

I would do it! Moms really need a break and they need a break from us. A little socialization never hurt!

*Alabamamom* 05-01-2008 03:45 PM

Yeah I wouldn't mind a few hours to myself sometimes too... Poor guy is getting totally bored here though.. This morning I was cleaning the kitchen while he got the creamer and poured it all in a mug.. :giggle: It wasn't so funny at the time, but it would be great to let him have some real fun for a few hours while I clean the house in peace.. :giggle:

bama 05-01-2008 03:46 PM

Do you have a good Mom's day out near you? We do a MOD program here from 9-1 two days a week. Its waaayyyy cheaper than daycare at $85 a month. Peyton loves going to "school" and he is your ds's age. I am sure your lo would love it!

kaspears17 05-01-2008 03:46 PM

yeah, the morning schedule is what I'd suggest too, that's before they all get cranky. hehe.

*Alabamamom* 05-01-2008 03:53 PM

I think it's supposed to be like the Mom's day out sort of thing.. she said they do that there for $10 up to 4hrs, or $20 over that. I figure 4 hours should be plenty enough.. That seem pretty cheap right? Especially since they are providing 2 meals and will work with him to PL.. I know many centers want them trained, or they will keep them in diapers. I still am going to see if there's any other programs here local too though..

*Alabamamom* 05-01-2008 03:54 PM

Oh.. kinda weird though.. but when I had to work years ago, I used to take my older 3 kids to this same daycare center.. talk about flashbacks when I went there to get the information packet today! :giggle2:

*Alabamamom* 05-08-2008 09:50 AM

I wanted to update on this.. Today was his first day!! I knew it was going to be a good day when we woke up.. I asked him if it wanted to potty and sat him on the toliet and he pee-peed.. I usually have more problems with the pee, than the poo for some reason.. So we go to the daycare and walked in and he immediately yelled out 'hey guys!' And ran off like he knew these kids forever! He was DELIGHTED! I told him I'd be back later and he said bye bye and ran off! LMAO! I'm looking forward to making this a routine for him twice a week.. I have to say that I have also enjoyed a couple hours to myself while cleaning the kitchen.. joy of all joys eh? :giggle2: Ok, so that's my update!

sweety13 05-08-2008 10:05 AM

Sounds great for you both!!!!!!

Harmony96 05-08-2008 10:11 AM

:giggle2: Glad he likes it. :D