Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Anyone else have a kiddo who visits an Ex? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4133)

MamaJenn 05-07-2006 11:06 AM

Anyone else have a kiddo who visits an Ex?

..for summer?:headscratch:

Frank( my Ex) wants me to send Brianna on a plane to NC and Im really a nervous wreck about it. He used to come up and get her but his wife is expecting when school lets out.
:blush:

LuAnn 05-07-2006 11:23 AM

Re: Anyone else have a kiddo who visits an Ex?

How old is she? Has she ever been by herself before? (I dont have older kids,an ex,etc, but I do know others that have went through this stuff)
LuAnn

MamaJenn 05-07-2006 11:41 AM

brianna is 11( going to be 12 in the fall)

crystal 05-07-2006 12:16 PM

most airlines have special help for younger travelers. They are met by someone at the door and when the parent leaves they are helped to make sure they get on there flight etc.. with out any problems. The flight attendents know about the child and will help him/her with anything they need. I hope that helps. It could be a big fun adventure for her and you.

Carrie 05-07-2006 12:18 PM

My parents used to send me packing across country to visit grandparents when I was 8 or so...it always worked out O.K.

SheilaJoy 05-07-2006 12:48 PM

My ex wants me to do this, but I just can't allow it. They're only 9 and 7, they can't be away from home that long!! Unfortunately, he moved waaaay over to Ohio from California, which makes it really difficult. So, I'm sorry, that was no help. :hugs:

Meleesa 05-07-2006 12:48 PM

my nephew is 8 and has been flying on his own for a year or two now... just do your best to get a nonstop flight and she should be fine..

Shannon 05-07-2006 02:12 PM

Oh man...that would scare me to death too. I don't think I could do it. Believe it or not, my mom used to put me on a plane when I was 3-5 by MYSELF and I'd fly to visit my grandparents(her ex's parents). It was a non stop flight but still...what if they had gotten in a wreck or something on the way there and couldn't be there to get me?!?! It just amazes me at how things used to fly(no pun intended) Is there no way he can fly out to pick her up and then fly back with her? Or vise versa?

Shannon 05-07-2006 02:15 PM

Maybe I'm just a paranoid mom...I don't know. DH says once she learns how to wipe her own booty she can go...LOL (I THINK he's kidding)

Luv2bemommy 05-07-2006 02:33 PM

Urgh I cant imagine! I would be scared too!! Is there a way you could come with her for a week maybe and you stay somewhere else while she sees him?? Or even ride with her on the plane to NC then come back alone on the plane? *even though thats $$$)

BTW where in NC??? I'm in NC too! :giggle: