Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone else losing their hair? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413661)

yagow2001 05-03-2008 04:08 PM

Anyone else losing their hair?

I guess it is more because of pp hormone changes, not necessarily BFing, but I'm losing my hair again just like after DC#1 was a few months old. This time it seems worse though, it looks like male pattern baldness when I pull my hair back. Maybe I should stop wearing it back in a ponytail. Last time I used an herbal shampoo, anyone have any other tips? Should I discuss with my OB at my annual exam next months, could some medication/hormone help?

jensenlife 05-03-2008 04:14 PM

Re: Anyone else losing their hair?

nak
oh man, i lost so much hair w/ dd1. it would come out by the strandfull in the shower! it just started comming back a few months ago but now i have another lo and so i bet ill loose it all again in a few mths! gl!

whippoorwill 05-03-2008 07:12 PM

Yep! It is terrible. Mine, too, looks like male pattern baldness when pulled back.

brandymg 05-03-2008 07:31 PM

Yup. I lost what I thought was a lot of hair with DS. But then after DD I lost even more than with DS. I have heard hair loss after the second child is worse. I think I have finally gotten to the point that I am just having normal hair loss, and DD is 10 months.

asteiner18 05-03-2008 07:54 PM

if mine is worse with dc #2 i will go bald.... 12 months post partum and still SUPER BAD BAD hair loss.... thank god i had REALLY thick hair b4 i got pregant.... now it is kinda thin :(

Deanner03 05-03-2008 07:55 PM

My sister lost a TON of hair...it's almost all back now (7 months after weaning)

amybabya 05-03-2008 08:04 PM

OMG I am so with you. I did the same thing with DD1.
DH called me Chewbaca (sp?) the other day after he looked at the shower drain. :)

joand2girls 05-03-2008 08:12 PM

OMG I am also loosing my hair like crazy I think I will go bald soon. My DD just turned 4 mth yesterday and I do not remember when this started happening with my first daughter but I think this time it is worse. I have no clue what to do to make it better I would also like to hear suggestions.

Maddie&Jake'sMom 05-03-2008 09:00 PM

I lost a lot too...definitely has nothing to do with BFing though.

My sister had literal bald spots and she FF her son.

mybabylove99 05-03-2008 09:07 PM

This is my first and I am still cleaning out the drain every time I take a shower. I even had my hair cut off since it was so long and I was losing it all over the house. It was even in my babe's diaper and also wraped around his toe one time! It's getting better. I got back on my prenatal/postnatal vitamin. You could try that too if you aren't on one now. Not sure if it will help but I know it helped me some. I use organic hair stuff and it doesn't help at all. Sorry.