Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Have any of you ever dealt with someone that obviously dislikes children? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413770)

*Alabamamom* 05-03-2008 06:07 PM

Have any of you ever dealt with someone that obviously dislikes children?

I just remembered about an incident while returning home from our vacation last year and it STILL burns my buns. This happened while waiting in our line at the airport for our section to be called to board. Well, we were priority to be boarded first (along with elderly and first class) because I had the baby. We were standing behind this guy in a suit and tie and any time Andrew made a little noise, he'd turn and look at me annoyed.. I just ignored it.. then my oldest wanted her mp3 so I put the baby down, he was standing there by my leg as I shuffled through my bag for that mp3. Then, Andrew reached his little hand out and touched the guys pants.. he was actually trying to reach for the silver pole there but touched the guys pants by accident.. So, the guy had a news paper open and just immediately ruffled it shut and picked up his brief case and charged off in a tiff. It was so dramatic that many people looked my way, like we did something wrong. I just said out loud, 'So, I guess there really are child haters in the world!" WTH.. it still irriates me.. That is the first person in my whole life of raising my children that I've met to react that way to a baby. :yuck:
Anyone else have a child-hater story to add? :giggle2:

Trin 05-03-2008 06:13 PM

Re: Have any of you ever dealt with someone that obviously dislikes children?

Oh yea, My younger sister. Sadly. She thinks children are annoying and pregnant people are creepy. It "annoys" her if my DD cries.
Just last night we went to Stars on Ice.. I took DD and my older sister took her youngest (7weeks) My DD (6months) LOVED the show. She never cried once.. Bright lights, Shiny outfits, rocking music.. She smiled, laughed and intensely watched the show the whole time. The people sitting behind us made a few comments about how it was to bad I couldn't find a babysitter for her and what was the point in bringing her she would never remember anyways.
Anyways.. When we were walking out we were discussing the things she said and my younger sister of course chimes in.. "That is why I think babies should be bottle fed, so they can stay at home with a babysitter" It was late, I was tired and wasn't in the mood to argue with her over it so I dropped it. But even if I bottle fed I still would have brought DD to the show.

The reason I think my sister dislikes children is because she used to be in a very serious long term relationship, they had plans to get married and have children.. Well the relationship didn't work out and her plans are now gone. Since then she has disliked "annoying" babies. Maybe because she is jealous that she should have had that too...

Terra 05-04-2008 05:36 AM

What an idiot!! I just want to slap people like that...

I had something similar happen when I was at Labcore for my glucose test.
I let DS [17 months] Walk around because they had a little children's area. Now I'm right behind him the whole time to make sure he doesn't disturb anyone because I always have this fear about 'child haters'...
Now my son is very social and just loves to smile and "talk" to people. And everyone pretty much was smiling back at him and talking. Well DS passed by one man and stopped to smile at him and he put his hand on his leg before I could get to him to stop him...and the man jerked away, wrinkled his face and huffed!!!!

I just picked David up and said in a sarcastic tone..."Oh I am sooooooo sorry that my son touched you sir, I know it's the end of the world for you now.." He just looked away and huffed again...

I mean people may not be keen on children, but goodness is such dramatics really needed, KWIM??

mistylaureena 05-04-2008 05:50 AM

oh yeah it has happened to me and i was so surprised because this guy acted like Mikey was so bad and I was thinking how good Mikey really was and how this guy hadn't seem nothing yet...

heres a link to describe the whole thing!!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...t=olive+garden

Terra 05-04-2008 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistylaureena (Post 3489560)
oh yeah it has happened to me and i was so surprised because this guy acted like Mikey was so bad and I was thinking how good Mikey really was and how this guy hadn't seem nothing yet...

I remember you posting this mama!!!! I told my DH about it and even he was upset!! He said he would have told the guy off!!

I still can't believe he acted that towards your sweet baby!!!

It really makes me almost pity these people because I have to wonder if they have a lack of true love in their life to be so cold.

LydiaJW 05-04-2008 06:24 AM

for me, what comes to mind is an incident at church right after I had my 3rd baby.

An acquaintance of mine (woman in her mid twenties) came up to me to talk to me and looked down at DD with obvious disgust and said "oh...you had "it."" Then she proceeded to tell me that "every time I see someone with a new baby, its like birth control for me! I don't think I'd ever want to deal with something like that." I was beyond offended!

mia&seansmom 05-04-2008 07:03 AM

people like that amaze me...who can look at a newborn and say anything except, "oh a baby!!!!!" ?????????

LydiaJW 05-04-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mia&seansmom (Post 3489734)
people like that amaze me...who can look at a newborn and say anything except, "oh a baby!!!!!" ?????????

I know!!:banghead: :yuck:

trilla_marion 05-04-2008 08:02 AM

Well I haven't really met any children haters since I've had my DD. We did sit next to a woman on a plane once who just completely and totally ignored us but that was fine, it was clear to me she didn't really care for children but she just ignored us, never made a comment or said anything even when Kit would try to touch her, so oh well. heh

BUT, when I used to cashier for Target the older, maybe in their late 50's couple came in buying a present for their grandchild and proceeded to tell me how they never really liked children and were disappointed that their son decided to have kids...and were hoping their daughter wouldn't ever have children....I was standing there and in my head I was o.0 but couldn't say anything, hehe....I mean, how sad it must have been to be raised by people who don't like children and wish they hadn't had you....horrible...

*Alabamamom* 05-04-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistylaureena (Post 3489560)

O.M.G. :jawdrop: And this guy has the audacity to refer to you all as 'white trash' yet he's the one cussing left and right in a public establishment??? THAT is trashy! Sure, I know it's hard not to sometimes when you have good reason to be upset, but this guy went over the top without a good cause to be cursing like that! :banghead: Oh my gosh, I would have been so upset that someone was cussing about my child like that, and right in front of him hearing those words! Hindsight now, but it would have been great to say something loudly like, 'Sir, I have to ask you to please refrain from using your profanity around my child and put a halt to your harassment or I will have to call the police' What a butthole! So sorry that happened! :hugs: