Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   talk to me about fenugreek (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414009)

cm.thomas 05-04-2008 01:57 AM

talk to me about fenugreek

So I'm not pumping enough for DS at work and he's having a really tough time bfing after taking a bottle. I decided to try fenugreek more to help with the pumping. Well it worked and ds is nursing great again. I'm thinking my supply was low and he was frustrated with it. :dunno:

Anyway, I've noticed since I've been taking it that it makes me shakey and jittery (like I've had too much caffeine) and sooooo thirsty, I can't drink enough water to quench my thirst. Is this common of fenugreek? I can deal with the thirst but the shakeyness and jitters are a little more difficult to deal with longer term. Any thoughts?

mommyofnoah 05-10-2008 03:02 PM

Re: talk to me about fenugreek

When I took it, it gave me really bad stomach aches. I've switched to the Mother's Milk Tea instead and my body seems to handle it better and it still helps my supply. HTH!

cm.thomas 05-10-2008 05:33 PM

how many cups a day do you drink? i found the tea didnt help, but i may not have been drinking enouggh.

kulaswifeandmama 05-10-2008 08:26 PM

Not to hijack but I just got some fenugreek pills..how many pills do you take a day?

SMTFamily06 05-10-2008 08:35 PM

i took it and i remember being really thirsty and only shaky when i did not eat enough calories to cover my body producing milk i think that is what it was anyways. good luck!

patzgrl84 05-11-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cm.thomas (Post 3489347)
So I'm not pumping enough for DS at work and he's having a really tough time bfing after taking a bottle. I decided to try fenugreek more to help with the pumping. Well it worked and ds is nursing great again. I'm thinking my supply was low and he was frustrated with it. :dunno:

Anyway, I've noticed since I've been taking it that it makes me shakey and jittery (like I've had too much caffeine) and sooooo thirsty, I can't drink enough water to quench my thirst. Is this common of fenugreek? I can deal with the thirst but the shakeyness and jitters are a little more difficult to deal with longer term. Any thoughts?

I didn't experience any jitters but It did make my menstrual cramps much worse and gave me a tummy ache.

vickieboggs 05-11-2008 09:57 PM

no jitters or anything here?

Poohb10454 05-11-2008 09:59 PM

With the fenugreek pills I was taking 2 pills 3 or 4 times a day and it never made me feel bad, although it did make me more hungry throughout the day which I assume is from producing more milk. Also, I was drinking loads of water..perhaps that helped?

I also have done the tea...and I drink 4 cups a day...no issues there either.

Good luck mama!

HeavenlyHold 05-12-2008 07:53 AM

I didn't take fenugreek, but I think there's a prescription drug called reglan...

ClothDiaperingMama 05-15-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenlyHold (Post 3555893)
I didn't take fenugreek, but I think there's a prescription drug called reglan...

Is that the same stuff they give you for morning sickness?:headscratch: If so, I have some of that and I may try it.