Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   # of cloth wipes you need? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414481)

Tinabel 05-04-2008 07:01 PM

# of cloth wipes you need?

I'm trying to switch over to using cloth wipes and I was wondering how many I would need? I sewed together some of the cheap washcloths I got at my babyshowers to start with, and I was wondering those of you that use them, how many do you have?

Javamama 05-04-2008 07:02 PM

Re: # of cloth wipes you need?

i have about 2 dozen and find that is plenty for us! i use approximately 2 with a wet diaper change and 4-5 on a poopy one depending on its looseness.

frankelmama 05-04-2008 07:03 PM

Depens on what you are using them for. I use them for dipes (just pee), faces, hands, and bath. So I have about 3 dozen at least, maybe more. I'd have to count. But I also have 3 kids I use them on (only 1 in dipes)!

burnsis 05-04-2008 07:03 PM

I have about 40 right now...and that's way more that I need...LOL.

kidpsych2be 05-04-2008 07:06 PM

I have about 5 dozen. No seriously.

We wipe at every change and sometimes we use up to 5 wipes. Gianna can be messy. :giggle:

Plus I use them for nose wipes, hand wipes, face wipes too.

Tinabel 05-04-2008 07:14 PM

Thanks so much, that helps and gives me an idea of what I need :)

MW69842 05-04-2008 07:31 PM

We have over 200. :lostit:

We use them for baths, nose wiping, hand wiping, butt wiping (for DD) and well, for anything you'd use tissues for, really.

My partner's been sick for the last week and a half (bronchitis, sinus infection, pink eye, upper respiratory infection) and her nose has been running like crazy and I have washed EVERY SINGLE wipe that we own, AT LEAST once this week, because of her using them and because we're obviously using them on DD.

I mentioned to her today that if I hadn't done a wash mid-week (of the wipes that just she was using) that we would've definitely ran out. :giggle:

I fold 18 of them (folding them, so that one pops up when I pull one out) in a disposable wipes container, then wet them with solution and keep it at the changing table. We don't usually wipe her after a pee diaper (just let her air out), but use 1-3 wipes at a poopy change.

spacetygrss 05-04-2008 07:36 PM

4 or 5 dozen. Plus, I just ordered another dozen. We use them for everything, including diaper changes, toys (DS loves to play with them), and face/nose wipes.

gabes_mommy 05-04-2008 07:51 PM

I have about 60 and we use them for everything - tissues, washcloths, quick spot cleaning- and I use 1-4 at each diaper change and I have WAY more than I need. :giggle: I think 3 dozen would be a good amount. :thumbsup:

Alison's Mom 05-04-2008 07:51 PM

We have tons - I can't even keep track. Like other PPs, we use them for noses, faces plus diapering, and I don't like the extra stress of *needing* to fold them quickly so I don't run out, so we have lots. I use those cheap baby washcloths with the terry side for a poo change, and cotton flannel for everything else.

Although, you only really need maybe 2 per change, and see how many changes you do in 3 days, or however often you want to do laundry.