Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What does your 2 yr old say? Any 2-3+ word sentences? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414635)

*Alabamamom* 05-04-2008 09:57 PM

What does your 2 yr old say? Any 2-3+ word sentences?

I just want to compare notes.. Andrew just turned 2 the end of March and I'm curious if his skills are comparable to other children his age.. He says lots of single words and a few 2-3 word sentences like:

There you go.
Here you go.
Let's go! (followed by a 'woo hoo!' :giggle2:)
Wanna drink.
Wanna snack.
Daddy go.
Where daddy? (or other words like bubba, sissy, sasa, dog, shoes etc)
Thank you.
Scuse me.
Hey guys.
Uh-oh broke it.
Oh no!
Go bye-bye
Go pee-pee
Want ninny (or titty thanks to dh!.. :giggle:)

I can't think of others right now, I'll edit and add more if I think of any more.. but I wonder if this is enough? Or average? His speech is getting more understandable since getting his tubes in February, but strangers sometimes have a hard time understanding what he's saying.

slingmama4 05-04-2008 10:11 PM

Re: What does your 2 yr old say? Any 2-3+ word sentences?

Well mine is a bit younger, but I thought I'd share. DD is only 15mo, and the 4th of four, so she's "had" to be an early talker to get her way and fight for what's hers.:giggle:

It's mine!
I wanna bite. (sounds like iwannabi)
I wanna eat. (and lots more I wannas...)
Water (wa-yer)
Come on (sounds like comeon)
I want. I want.I want(over and over and over again til you give it to her!)
I wanna nur nur (when she wants to nurse)
Night Night.
By By
Shoes (soosa)
No.
Please (peez)
Daddy, Mom-eeee, Rylan sounds like why-win, Nolan is just No, Gideon she hasn't tried, and she calls her self La-La.

Oh and the other day , not kidding, she yelled out our back door at the our dog when it was her nap time.... "Rylie, come inside and nur nur and go night night." (which sounded like Why-weeee um intye n nur nur n go niy niy!") I about dropped my jaw.

She picks up new words like everytime I say something to her. It blows me away that she is absorbing so much , so fast. I really don't remember my boys talking as well as she does so early.:headscratch:

sunfish_mom 05-04-2008 10:22 PM

I have a 20 month old and his big brother who is 30 months.
The big brother is speaking in 3-5 word sentences like
I don't want to ( to could be replaced with shower, sit down, pick up, or many of the other things he doesn't want to do)
Where daddy do?
We go swimming?
I play rock and roll.
I want to eat.
I turning around. (he likes to make himself dizzy LOL)
Mummy Look! I jumping.
the little brother who is 20 months has just started with 2-3 word sentences in the last couple weeks(that i noticed) To day we were in the truck and his shoe fell off. He said "Oh No! My Shoes"
Go bye bye! fllowed by one of these. My shoes, Need shoes, where shoes?
Thank you
Thank um (your welcome)
Where Daddy?
Daddy bye Bye (there dad is always coming and going can you tell?)
Uh Oh
Oh No
He is at he stage where he is repeating everything he hears so he may say 2-3 word sentences that are more varied than what I listed. The stuff I put is stuff he says sporadically.

I'd say your son is doing great! There are times I can't even understand my own kids and I often need to translate for strangers.

AngelW 05-04-2008 10:34 PM

Wow! My son is 14.5 months and nowhere near that advanced linguistically yet. I think mine is right on track, though. I do think having other kids around must make a big difference. My son is the only one so far. Wow that sentence yours said must have been shocking to hear!

So here's what my guy can say so far:

Dada
Mama (much more rare - he usually calls me Dada now, too)
UhOh!
Woof-Woof (dog and all other animals as well as the sounds they all make)
La-La
All Done
Love you (kind of)
Neh-Neh (nurse)
Yay!
Yeah-Yeah!
Uh-uh (No)
Ba! (banana)

~Angel

Quote:

Originally Posted by slingmama4 (Post 3494866)
Well mine is a bit younger, but I thought I'd share. DD is only 15mo, and the 4th of four, so she's "had" to be an early talker to get her way and fight for what's hers.:giggle:

It's mine!
I wanna bite. (sounds like iwannabi)
I wanna eat. (and lots more I wannas...)
Water (wa-yer)
Come on (sounds like comeon)
I want. I want.I want(over and over and over again til you give it to her!)
I wanna nur nur (when she wants to nurse)
Night Night.
By By
Shoes (soosa)
No.
Please (peez)
Daddy, Mom-eeee, Rylan sounds like why-win, Nolan is just No, Gideon she hasn't tried, and she calls her self La-La.

Oh and the other day , not kidding, she yelled out our back door at the our dog when it was her nap time.... "Rylie, come inside and nur nur and go night night." (which sounded like Why-weeee um intye n nur nur n go niy niy!") I about dropped my jaw.

She picks up new words like everytime I say something to her. It blows me away that she is absorbing so much , so fast. I really don't remember my boys talking as well as she does so early.:headscratch:

*Alabamamom* 05-04-2008 10:35 PM

I feel like my guy is behind in comparision.. :cry: I think all the darn ear infections really had an impact because he couldn't hear clearly.. hopefully he'll catch up and bypass where he should be.. he sure does try and gets in the notion some days to repeat whatever I ask him to (he tries to anyways! LOL!) Some days he'll go to the gate at the bottom of the stairs and just holler loudly at the older kids to come down, and he'll jabber a whole mouth full like he's yelling at them and commanding them to get down here. He frowns his little eyebrows and puts his little hand in a fist.. it's is SOOO cute! :giggle2:

debdebdebby13 05-04-2008 10:35 PM

I'm working on my master's in speech pathology, your little one sounds perfectly normal :) especially since he's just had tubes put in so he probably missed out on quite a bit before the tubes.

My DD will be 2 in June and she talks on and on, she's got a constant running dialogue.

She says:
don't like it (we've been hearing that a lot lately, "don't yike it")
Mama come too, Daddy come too
Molly go outside now? (Now is at the end of many statements!)
Look window now
Need crackers and cheese please
Goldfish please Mama (we've really been working on nice manners)
No Thank you Mama
Lightning scare Molly (Yighting is how she says it)

That's all that comes to mind, but like I said its a constant running dialogue, so most of her statements are 3-4+ words. She almost always refers to herself in the third person as well, I don't know why.
Also whining, she's got that down!

Dmpmercury 05-04-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

I feel like my guy is behind in comparision.. I think all the darn ear infections really had an impact because he couldn't hear clearly.. hopefully he'll catch up and bypass where he should be.. he sure does try and gets in the notion some days to repeat whatever I ask him to (he tries to anyways! LOL!) Some days he'll go to the gate at the bottom of the stairs and just holler loudly at the older kids to come down, and he'll jabber a whole mouth full like he's yelling at them and commanding them to get down here. He frowns his little eyebrows and puts his little hand in a fist.. it's is SOOO cute!
Your little guy is doing fine and is right where he is supposed to be. My dd is almost 20 months and she is very behind. She doesn't even have ten words right now and just qualified for speech therapy.

tasbaby 05-04-2008 11:26 PM

My nephew turned 2 today. He has very few words, in fact the only one that I've heard him say is "car." Lots going on in the family right now with my brother and his gf, but it makes me so sad to see him not able to talk yet. I really hope that when he goes in for his 2 year check up the doctor sends him for a speech evaluation.

Sorry to hijack! Your little one sounds like he is doing perfectly fine! :) Keep talking to him and encouraging him to talk and he'll keep picking up words and putting them together!

jpicasso 05-05-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelW (Post 3495019)
Wow! My son is 14.5 months and nowhere near that advanced linguistically yet. I think mine is right on track, though. I do think having other kids around must make a big difference. My son is the only one so far. Wow that sentence yours said must have been shocking to hear!

So here's what my guy can say so far:

Dada
Mama (much more rare - he usually calls me Dada now, too)
UhOh!
Woof-Woof (dog and all other animals as well as the sounds they all make)
La-La
All Done
Love you (kind of)
Neh-Neh (nurse)
Yay!
Yeah-Yeah!
Uh-uh (No)
Ba! (banana)

~Angel

I'm sure he's just fine :goodvibes: My DD is 16 months and doesn't say much more than that.

My oldest is 27 months and is speaking in some sentences.

I don't like it/I like it
I want/don't want (insert what she does/doesn't want here)
All done
It's ok Ali (when her sister cries)
Daddy go to work
Go potty
Kayla poo poo
Eat in my chair
Mama/Daddy help me/I help you
Thank you very much (sounds like tank ooo vmuch)
Go for a walk
I do it
Kayla's turn

She babbles a lot in long sentences, and usually only 4 or 5 words are actual words. I think she has a lot more to say, but can't quite put it together yet :giggle: But DH and I can usually figure out what she means.

juliemom23 05-05-2008 06:35 AM

Dd is almost 2 1/2 and she is speaking full sentences, but at your son's age she was doing just as he is. I feel dd hit a verbal explosion about 4 or 5 months ago and she hasn't stopped yet. It sounds like your ds is right where he should be and before you know it you will be wishing you could get a word in edge-wise. :thumbsup:

Julie