Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Thank all! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415684)

*Alabamamom* 05-05-2008 09:36 PM

Thank all!

:goodvibes:

benjaminsmom 05-05-2008 10:00 PM

Re: He's breaking out in hives!

My sis just took DN in to the DR today for the same thing, just all of a sudden covered in hives. they said it was viral, and they can't do anything, just give tylenol if he's grumpy. Hope he his feeling better soon!

MUHAJABAH 05-05-2008 10:01 PM

Maybe some soap or residue from the tub? :hugs:

JustAugust 05-05-2008 10:02 PM

I'd give him Benedryl and watch him really close. Poor fella.

tallanvor 05-06-2008 01:16 AM

Sounds like he got into something he's allergic to. I'm thinking perhaps a plant?

tessa1002 05-06-2008 01:29 AM

Sometimes you can break out from a fever, but I think that is probably something you would have noticed. I hope he feels better by the morning. :(

*Alabamamom* 05-06-2008 07:21 AM

Well, the hives went down after his bath & I don't see them this morning. DH thinks maybe he had a reaction from the soap he used. He had oil on his arms so he used a heavy duty soap to get it off. When we went to go eat, the baby had fallen asleep on the way so Shawn was holding him for a good 20 minutes... maybe the soap residue did it from his arms.. :dunno: I don't know how it would get on his b*tt cheek though... I freak out a little when it comes to hives.. makes me think severe allergic reaction that can lead to throat swelling and anaphalatic (don't wanna do spell check lol) shock. Looks like all is ok though.. It must have something on his skin since it went down so quickly after his bath.

Weezy6703 05-06-2008 07:51 AM

zyrtec also has a formula for children that's for hives...but it's actually the same dosage and kind that's advertised on the regular allergy zyrtec syrup...just different labels. (found that out by accidently bying the one for hives. lol but when I read the labels I decided to keep it). hope it's better now.

*Alabamamom* 05-06-2008 09:00 AM

Nope.. he's breaking out AGAIN! WTH????? He hasn't been into anything for a fact this morning.. Now it's on his upper thigh, upper arm and his face again! This is ODD!!!! He's never had hives before, EVER.. I'm calling the dr.

Harmony96 05-06-2008 09:05 AM

:hugs: poor little guy... I hope you can find out what's causing it.