Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   any "raw foodists" on here (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415714)

1bigfamily 05-05-2008 11:24 PM

any "raw foodists" on here

I have been about 95% or more raw since around April 1 and I have eliminated 25 pounds already. I feel better and I love eating this way. Is there anyone else on here that eats this way? :fridge:

MumsLittleGarden 05-06-2008 07:29 AM

Re: any "raw foodists" on here

I don't, but I'm interested. Can you share with me how you eat? My DH and I are trying to figure out how to eat more natural. Thanks!

Heather

marcosmommy 05-06-2008 08:13 AM

I'm not on a strictly raw food diet, but I do try to keep the majority of my foods raw. It just seems more natural with a lot of foods

1bigfamily 05-06-2008 08:37 AM

i mostly eat fruits, veggies and nuts. I eat the fruit on an empty stomach or at leat 3 hours after one. Almost every day I have a big glass of veggie juice with ginger in it. I eat sprouts for protein, avoacados and nuts for fat. I eat what I want when I want it and I eat until I'm full. It is so wonderful!! Here is my before pic from aobut 6 weeks ago and then a pic of me last week before I lost another 8 pounds.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...031508_010.jpg

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...042508_060.jpg

thrillhouse 05-08-2008 05:07 PM

super, you're looking great mama!

I'm moving towards raw, slowly. I've just started this week by eating a 95% raw lunch. I feel better already and I'm sure i'll reach my goal weight by summer.

Elsaraw 05-08-2008 06:10 PM

:wave2:
I'm a raw foodist! I LOVE it!!! :goodvibes:

lunamama3 05-08-2008 08:10 PM

Wow, I was just gonna ask the same question! I went raw for about 5 months starting last March. I got preggo though unexpectedly(I suspect my super healthy diet and overall positive vibe on raw made me really fertile!!?) and my palate couldn't hack my greens and fruits or even the nuts about 7or8 weeks in. so sad! I went crazy overboard though eating stuff i didnt really even eat before raw due to wheat intolerance,etc... Needless to say I put on the most weight this pregnancy and now find myself miserably trying to get the weight off and feel GREAT again!! I think raw was the best I ever felt and looked to boot! I wore a bikini all summer for the first time....ever maybe!!?? So here I am on nday 2 of my transition back to raw. On the fence about the detoxing theories and breastfeeding. Anyone here in the same situation?? This could be a good thread for ideas. Sorry for the long intro, the answer to your question would be yes! Raw foodist here!:thumbsup:
!

lunamama3 05-08-2008 08:13 PM

Heidi.. i forgot to add that you look awesome!

KaleidoscopeEyes 05-11-2008 01:36 PM

I can't eat high frutose fruit and veggies so it would really limit what I can eat. I can't even eat carrots, I feel so lethargic and gassy.

1bigfamily 05-14-2008 10:25 PM

Sorry I was without my computer for a week. Thank you for the compliments. I have lost another 10 pounds and I feel great. It has been so easy for me to keep it up because of the progress I have had with my health and my weight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunamama3 (Post 3532712)
Wow, I was just gonna ask the same question! I went raw for about 5 months starting last March. I got preggo though unexpectedly(I suspect my super healthy diet and overall positive vibe on raw made me really fertile!!?) and my palate couldn't hack my greens and fruits or even the nuts about 7or8 weeks in. so sad! I went crazy overboard though eating stuff i didnt really even eat before raw due to wheat intolerance,etc... Needless to say I put on the most weight this pregnancy and now find myself miserably trying to get the weight off and feel GREAT again!! I think raw was the best I ever felt and looked to boot! I wore a bikini all summer for the first time....ever maybe!!?? So here I am on nday 2 of my transition back to raw. On the fence about the detoxing theories and breastfeeding. Anyone here in the same situation?? This could be a good thread for ideas. Sorry for the long intro, the answer to your question would be yes! Raw foodist here!:thumbsup:
!

I am breastfeeding my 5 month old and twins. I went from low to medium raw to almost 100% within a week and none of them have had any issues other than dry skin and that is improving. I make sure to eat some avocado and nuts on an almost daily basis for fat though. That helps with the dry skin and the milk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes (Post 3551873)
I can't eat high frutose fruit and veggies so it would really limit what I can eat. I can't even eat carrots, I feel so lethargic and gassy.

Are you diabetic? Alot of diabetics are healed by eating 100% raw.