Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Delivery Confirmation numbers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41736)

Tootsiemomma 09-15-2006 08:06 AM

Delivery Confirmation numbers?

Ever had a dc number come back as no known item on the usps website? I thought at first that it would just take a day to update in the system but today is the 3rd day since I got the dc number and it's still coming up as no known item? Does this mean she never shipped it and just gave me a bogus number to shut me up?? Yes this is still for that momma who I bought 5 skeins of yarn from that took 3 weeks to get here and she "forgot" one 8 oz skein...seems like she always has some excuse or another...I'm soo frustrated, I just want what I paid for and in a timely manner as I have customers waiting for this yarn!!!! :banghead:

erthangel 09-15-2006 08:49 AM

Re: Delivery Confirmation numbers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootsiemomma
Ever had a dc number come back as no known item on the usps website? I thought at first that it would just take a day to update in the system but today is the 3rd day since I got the dc number and it's still coming up as no known item? Does this mean she never shipped it and just gave me a bogus number to shut me up?? Yes this is still for that momma who I bought 5 skeins of yarn from that took 3 weeks to get here and she "forgot" one 8 oz skein...seems like she always has some excuse or another...I'm soo frustrated, I just want what I paid for and in a timely manner as I have customers waiting for this yarn!!!! :banghead:

Maybe she mistyped a number? PM her back and ask her for it again.. Say polietly that is is not in the system and there are so many numbers you want to double check you have it correctly...

:thumbsup:

kimb96 09-15-2006 08:55 AM

When I use the self serve kiosk, the number doesn't get entered into the system because my po does not scan it in like they are supposed to when they empty the bin. Therefore, it has said item not found until it is delivered. I no longer use the self serve kiosk for this reason. Just another possibility.

OneFabMama 09-15-2006 09:24 AM

its happened to me before. dc#s are really useless. just a po ploy to get your money IMO lol

togg_mama 09-15-2006 09:27 AM

ditto Jenna and Kim! :banghead:

Tootsiemomma 09-15-2006 09:37 AM

ah that must have been what happened, she said her dh used the po kiosk to ship....I'm gonna wait until tomorrow, if it doesn't show, I'm gonna pm her again....sigh, I just want this over with already, this has been dragging on since aug 28th...when I paid for my yarn

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-18-2006 02:07 PM

this happend to me this past week and it kept showing up as not in the system yet my package came and all was right, so i have NO idea, its never happend before but the package arrived safe and sound:thumbsup:

Bare Bottom Gear 09-18-2006 11:32 PM

Just an FYI the only thing DC is for is to Confirm Delivery. They aren't supposed to track it and all packages say "item not found please check back later as information is updated each night" or whatever.

Then ONLY thing DC does is confirm that the item was indeed delivered. Nothing more, nothing less. And, with paypal I'm HAPPY to pay $0.14 to have the confirmed delivery of an item I shipped so I can prove I sent it and they received it, kwim?

Brenda3boysplus 09-19-2006 12:01 AM

Thanks for the clarification!
I've been axiously avaiting a PUL print package I bought on E-bay, the tracking link says no information... I thought maybe I was being scammed. Now I see a ray of hope!!:mrgreen: