Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I am losing my mind!..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418563)

hisleading 05-08-2008 01:53 PM

I am losing my mind!.....

OK...so I will admit that things are CRAZY around our house given our financial situation that we are going through, but we try so hard to not let the kids know. I try to stay positive, etc. But it seems that I am losing control!
I am so emotional. I have lashed out at the kids. Ihave yelled alot more. It seems that I have forgotten how to dicsipline!
Both of the girls are disobedient EVERYTIME was ask them to do something, they are "talking back" to us, telling us no, hitting eachother, ....I could go and on! It is chaos!
How do I reclaim my life and my kids! They are MAD all the time and so am I it seems!
I thought if I could just get some sort of scedule down they would "feel" better and therefore "act" better....we have never had one. Maybe this is where the problem stems from. Canyou help me out with one?
I am just at my wits end!

P.S. It has turned into a dangerous situation because since they ignore my "NO"'s and "STOP"'s ....the youngest DD (2) ran out in the street today admist of me yelling and running after her saying "NO" STOP"!!! It is like they are immune to it. Oh by the way, she was not hurt, but still

gogokim 05-08-2008 05:10 PM

Re: I am losing my mind!.....

:hugs: Man that is hard:hugs: Kids will react to the stress levels of your home. They cannot put into wods how they feel b/c they do not understand. Try to calm yourself first then aproach them calmly. Try not to get caught up in the vortex of bad feelings that can only escalate the problems. I hope this helps somwhat and I hop things get better:hugs:

amrijane128 05-08-2008 08:13 PM

:hugs:

benjaminsmom 05-08-2008 10:03 PM

hugs momma, I agree it helps if you can stay calm, but I totally understand.

jason&jilliansmama 05-08-2008 11:34 PM

It's so hard when they won't listen. That is the thing that gets me upset too. I have a 3 1/2 year old and an 18 month old so our kids are similar in age. The 18 month old is starting to talk back in her own language and while it may be cute and funny now, when she actually starts using words and defying me, it wont be so funny. I dont' really have any adivce, just :hugs:

Prettylocks 05-08-2008 11:41 PM

:hugs: I have been there mama, and it is hard. Do things that make you feel good and think about those things before you go to bed... that gives me some peace... like reading books, telling them stories, or having little picnics.

Katiebear 05-08-2008 11:44 PM

:hugs: I don't have any advice, I'm a fairly new parent. I hope that things get better soon! :hugs: