Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   PayPal links at your fingertips! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419597)

beenwaitingalongtime 05-09-2008 01:50 PM

PayPal links at your fingertips!

Need help figuring out the fees you'll owe by making purchases thru PayPal? Check out www.ppcalc.com ! You can enter the amt. you owe and it'll tell you how much to pay to cover fees. Or you could to the math of 2.9% of your total +.30 but who needs math when you have PP Calc? Note: ALL purchase transactions thru PP cost $ now, so if you're a seller, keep this in mind when pricing your FSOT items.

Want to create a shipping label thru PayPal w/o having first rec'd payment from someone? Go here and create your label from scratch!
Or you could have them send you a penny and create a label from there.

VinhThiMom 01-06-2009 07:49 AM

All about Paypal

There are 3 basic types of payments-fees are now charged regardless of account type:
Funded/instant means you have the money in paypal, OR you do a transfer from your bank account and have a credit card linked to your account for backup. The money is instantly in the seller’s account.

Funded/echeck means you do a transfer from your bank account and do not have a credit card linked for backup. The money takes several days to clear the buyer’s bank and be deposited into the seller’s account.

Non-funded means you’re using a credit card/debit card (paypal treats debit cards the same as credit cards).

Fees (based on what type of account the seller has and what type of payment the buyer send):
Personal accounts can accept up to 5 credit card payments per year, and are charged 4.9%+$.30 per transaction.

Premier accounts can accept unlimited credit card payments, and are charged 2.9%+$.30 per transaction for ANY transactions.

Printing through paypal:
Click on the button for shipping to print a label. You cannot print First Class International through paypal. You CAN print international priority. Flat rate envelopes can be used for domestic OR international, just be sure to choose that option and it will charge the rate depending on whether it’s domestic or int’l.

You can also print labels for packages even if you don’t have a paypal payment. Just go into ‘multi-order shipping’ and click on ‘create new’ and enter the details. Or use www.paypal.com/shipnow

Other notes:
Once you upgrade to Premier, you cannot downgrade back to personal without calling paypal, and they only allow you to do this one time.

Paypal calculator will calculate fees for you. Default is set to 2.9%, so if the seller has a personal account and has agreed to accept a cc payment, be sure to change it to 4.9%.

Each paypal account requires a different bank account/credit card. You cannot have 2 accounts linked to the same bank account, unless you have different suffixes on your account (i.e., one for checking, one for savings).

2009 Postal Holidays:
  • Thursday, January 1 - New Year's Day
  • Monday, January 19 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
  • Monday, February 16 - Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
  • Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day
  • Saturday, July 4 - Independence Day
  • Monday, September 7 - Labor Day
  • Monday, October 12 - Columbus Day
  • Wednesday, November 11 - Veterans Day
  • Thursday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Day
  • Friday, December 25 - Christmas Day
  • Friday, January 1, 2010 - New Year's Day

Marike 01-06-2009 04:09 PM

Re: All about Paypal

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisnsteph1022 (Post 5917737)
You can also print labels for packages even if you don’t have a paypal payment. Just go into ‘multi-order shipping’ and click on ‘create new’ and enter the details.

Can also use www.paypal.com/shipnow

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 03-29-2009 10:05 PM

Re: PayPal links at your fingertips!

** Need instructions on how to turn off receipt printing in Paypal shipping?
I found this so thought I'd share. When using the printing labels that stick and come 2 per sheet, you need to turn off the print receipt or you will waste a label, anyway, here it goes~
**Log in to paypal and click the PROFILE tab at the far top right. Then under SELLING PREFERENCES in the 3rd column click on SHIPPING PREFERENCES. Next, under U.S. POSTAL SERVICE PREFERENCES click on the link that says EDIT PRINTER SETTINGS. Last, uncheck PRINT RECEIPT. Then SAVE.
Everything that prints on the receipt is saved in paypal anyway so printing the receipt is not really a necessity.**

:thumbsup:

sunnymommy 07-20-2009 08:38 PM

I don't think this info is correct any longer. Didn't paypal change the structure so that all payments for goods no matter what the payment source is charged 2.9% plus 30 cents?

Baltic Creations 09-09-2009 09:51 AM

just wanted to give this a bump such a wonderful thread to have available im sure many mamas dont know about it!

conchispa 10-09-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnymommy (Post 7887447)
I don't think this info is correct any longer. Didn't paypal change the structure so that all payments for goods no matter what the payment source is charged 2.9% plus 30 cents?

That's what it looks like! I have not had to deal with PP for months and this was a very unpleasant surprise I discovered. Grrr

mythreemonkeys 10-27-2009 05:39 PM

The pp is right. I found the same unpleasantness today when I went to PP to see if my payments came through. Fees deducted from both payments, :banghead: !! It is now 1.9-2.9% + $0.30 USD. What decides the percentage I didn't see. I am not very happy about the change to say the least!!

nrae74 03-18-2010 04:01 PM

Just found out about this the hard way :yuck:

danielle 01-05-2012 01:22 PM

This thread has been useful to me several times, thanks!

POSTAL HOLIDAYS 2012

•Monday, January 2, 2012 - New Year’s Day (Observed)
•Monday, January 16, 2012 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
•Monday, February 20, 2012 - Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
•Monday, May 28, 2012 - Memorial Day
•Wednesday, July 4, 2012 - Independence Day
•Monday, September 3, 2012 - Labor Day
•Monday, October 18, 2012 - Columbus Day
•Monday, November 12, 2012 - Veterans Day
•Thursday, November 22, 2012 - Thanksgiving Day
•Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - Christmas Day
•Tuesday, January 1, 2013 - New Year's Day