Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Quick help 4 mo old w/temp -UPDATE AT BOTTOM (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4196)

CMamma 05-07-2006 03:59 PM

Quick help 4 mo old w/temp -UPDATE AT BOTTOM

Do I need to take him to the doc? He has 100.2 temp after having tylenol a couple hours ago. He's got a crusty nose from being stuffy last night... sleeping a lot (weird for him), not eating much.

lovemygirls 05-07-2006 04:07 PM

Re: Quick help 4 mo old w/temp

I would try alternating between tylenol and motrin and if it doesn't go down I would call. Keep a close eye on him though. :hugs:

hollyhobby30 05-07-2006 04:40 PM

Yeah. It's when they hold the fever even after the medicine is given but since it's been a couple hours he may just be due for more.

It's not really high yet and sounds like a cold. Most of us won't eat much when we're sick so just keep the fluids in him and cuddle. Sleeping and resting are good things. My guys always nap throughout the day when they aren't feeling well and the meds make them sleepy.

vick 05-07-2006 04:48 PM

Poor guy - hope he's feeling better soon!!

I'm pretty sure you can wait until morning with that temperature - check out this fever info from Dr. Sears for more details.

Mindi 05-07-2006 04:57 PM

I believe she ended up taking him to the ER. I was chatting with her on IM and she said she was going to pack the boys up and take them. And then she signed off, so I believe that is where she is.

CMamma 05-07-2006 09:07 PM

Yes I took them to the ER... I was chatting w/Mindi & took both boys temps. Well the 2yo had a temp Thurs but it was holding down w/motrin & then he was feeling bad again & it was 103... The baby was about 100 w/tylenol but he spiked to 103.2 w/rectal temp so I packed them up. They did tests, etc & said they both have bronchiolus (I think it's same as bronchitis?). Anyway, 2yo got some oral antibiotics & baby got shot in the leg & some fluids & like right away the baby acted better & fell asleep. He finally ate something & went back to sleep.

Thanks for input mammas!

leobaby04 05-07-2006 09:10 PM

Re: Quick help 4 mo old w/temp -UPDATE AT BOTTOM

Oh! Poor babies :hugs:

Thank goodness you took them in! My ped says for 6 months and under any temp over 100.4 is an emergency. I hope they feel better soon.

CMamma 05-07-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leobaby04
Oh! Poor babies :hugs:

Thank goodness you took them in! My ped says for 6 months and under any temp over 100.4 is an emergency. I hope they feel better soon.

Yeah that's what the Er doc said. I am sooooooooo lucky w/the ER I go to. I've never ever had to wait. I walk in and they walk me back as they take my info. We drive out of the way b/c we can be seen right away in that one but the one 20 mins closer you'd wait like 5 hours at least. DS was transported by ambulance for a dog attack a year ago to the one closest to us & he still had to wait 4 hours to be seen!

I wasn't gonna have the 2 yo seen but he was coughing & the nurse said why don't we check him out too.. I said I feel silly dragging everyone in for probably a cold & she's like who cares... that's what we're here for... you wanna be seen too? I laughed & they checked them in.

smapple 05-07-2006 09:20 PM

So glad you took them in! We'll be thinking of you all and praying for you and your boys! Keep us all updated!

driftymaer 05-07-2006 09:37 PM

I hope that both of your little ones are better really quick. I panic now when Deme (dd) even coughs in her sleep or even feels warm to me-she has Reactive Airway Disease-it's a big word for Asthma (kinda). lol I always end up feeling silly for taking her to the Dr so often-but so far I've been right-mama knows. I'm the same way with the hospital closest to us-I drove an hour to deliver her in a different one.