Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why won't my Dd sleep (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41961)

Julesmom23girls 09-15-2006 04:19 PM

Why won't my Dd sleep

:banghead: She went from being a great sleeper to having a horrible time this past week. Normally I can lay her down for a nap in the afternoon and she will sleep 3-4 hrs and then at night I can put her down around 7:30 and she will sleep until 6:30 or 7am. Now she is only taking 30-45 min naps and has been waking up at like 4:30. And she wakes up screaming. She is 14 mo. When I lay her down she doesn't cry or anything, but once she is awake there is no getting her back to sleep, not even if I bring her to bed w/ me. I don't know what I am going to do if she keeps this up when the new baby arrives in a couple of weeks, I am going to lose my mind.

Any ideas why this has started all of a sudden.

sunshinebabies3 09-15-2006 08:43 PM

Re: Why won't my Dd sleep

could she be cutting molars? Or possibly an ear infection? have you tried tylenol or motrin? or maybe orajel?

A'smommy 09-15-2006 08:55 PM

I should think the teeth would be the prime suspects. Or is there some other environmental change that's got her all worked up---loud TV, jets overhead, did you move her crib (maybe getting ready for the new baby?) Is the sun in her face in the mornings? Maybe her room's cold or hot?

Sorry mama I know how frustrating it is to have a nice mellow sleeper suddenly morph into a nocturnal screamer. It almost hurts MORE to be awakened by it after they've been sleeping good for so long.

:hugs:

Julesmom23girls 09-16-2006 10:13 AM

I guess she could be getting molars, but I don't feel any teeth. She has 4 on top and 2 on bottom. Nothing in her room has changed and we don't live near an airport. I don't keep the window open to the kids room because I don't want the street noise to bother them, so if it were noise from outside I would here it too since I do have my window open.

I have been trying to give her Hyland's teething tabs before I lay her down at nap time thinking her teeth are bothering her. But it isn't helping this time, which makes me think it isn't her teeth. They do usually help when she is teething.

Thanks for helping me, any other ideas

SarahJane 09-17-2006 07:30 AM

I'm right there with you. Our son hasn't been sleeping since his 1st birthday and he's almost 17 months old! He is so tired, but I think his teeth wake him up. He naps some day really long, but almost always wakes up crying. I think now it's also that he's just so exhausted. For us, I know it's his teeth. His molars took at least 6 weeks to all break through, we didn't get any break and neither did he.... Now he's cutting all for eye teeth.... It has been so hard. I can only imagine how hard with being pregnant. :hugs:

Those teething tablets helped with the first 8 teeth but do nothing with molars or eye teeth for William. He also has cut mulitple teeth at once and is just misserable I'm afraid. Let's hope her teeth come through quickly for you and that she starts sleeping like normal very soon.

Keep us posted!