Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need advice (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4212)

rowynne 05-07-2006 05:23 PM

Need advice

I recently sold some diapers & covers here. I've only gotten positive feedback from everyone that has bought from me. I made sure I took close up pics, inner & outers of everything & listed any staining etc because some of the items were a bit more worn than others & I didnt want anyone upset.

The other day I got a PM from a buyer who states that I "misrepresented" one of the items she purchased from me & wanted all of her $$ back for that item. Now, I priced it pretty cheap to begin with & it cost me a little over $2 to ship it to her, plus I have a premier paypal acct so I pay fees on ALL payments I accept. I offered to refund her 1/2 the shipping & the price minus fees for that item. She emailed me back stating that NO, she wanted ALL her money back & that I never said it was stained, etc, but I KNOW I did because I didnt want this kind of situation to happen! So I offered to send her more than the item price - shipping, STILL not good enough. She wants to pay to send it back to me, I said I'd send her the $$ and she could keep the cover (it would equal to what she paid PPD for the item) STILL not good enough for her! I am at my wits end here, I think I've been very fair & I've tried reasoning with her. I'm afraid that no matter what I do, I'm going to end up with a negative feedback because of all of this & she's using feedback to her advantage. I really feel screwed at this point. I could refund her all the $$ and STILL end up with a negative.

So, what would you do? Am I being fair?

kimb96 05-07-2006 05:47 PM

Re: Need advice

If you offer a refund, then offer a full refund. I would be put off if a seller offered me a refund minus paypal fees. If you choose to have a premier account then you get the fees.

That being said, I think you have been very reasonable in your offers (except the paypal fee thing) I would give her 2 choices, a partial refund if she wants to keep the item or a full refund if she returns it.

You aren't going to please everyone, you've been around long enough that I doubt it would affect your reputation around here if an unreasonable person gave you negative feedback. I think you have been reasonable and if you get a negative, so what? You did your best.

christinewith4 05-07-2006 05:52 PM

(((mama))) I am sorry you are having to deal with that. :yuck: I think YOU are doing the right thing, you offered a fix where she would be out no $$ and keep the diaper? There is absolutely nothing better than that. I think that would be an understandable neg for anyone wanting to buy from you in the future, so I wouldnt worry too much. It sounds like they are trying to take advantage of you. You offered a valid solution, she wont take it, then I would forget it and not refund anything back then and give up on her...
Sending + vibes your way....:goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:
:hugs:

rowynne 05-07-2006 05:53 PM

For a bit more info (i was trying to stay as vague as possible). It was $7ppd item, I offered $4.24 at first, it cost me $2.04 to ship to begin with. Then I offered $5.50 & she could keep the item. (she was going to pay to ship it back to me so I thought I'd save her the trouble). I think I'm just going to end up refunding it all & hope for the best. I really take pride in having good transactions & happy people :( I've been selling on ebay for 7yrs & I hate when people are unhappy & here its so much more of a community feeling that I dont want people to be afraid to deal with me, KWIM?

LuAnn 05-07-2006 05:55 PM

Do you have pics of everything, yet? If you have all pics of the item she bought HOlD onto them. If she leaves negative feedback, you can talk to a mod about what happend, some ppl are just not happy, NO MATTER WHAT. ((HUGS)) and ppl also have to understand that paypal does take fees that you pay if you have upgraded accounts (BIG DEAL) you have more ppl buy from you if they only have ccpp (Im one that can ONLY buy from ppl that accept ccpp) so I feel jipped when pp tell me that they can't accept ccpp, guess they dont want to sell their diapers too bad, refund her money, if she pd funded refund all, if she pd cc ONLY refund what pp did not take out for the cc fee.((HUGS)) and sorry shes being difficult to deal with.
SOrry so long ,and probley confusing.
LuAnn

dehart 05-07-2006 05:56 PM

If you refund the entire amount using the refund this payment option in your paypal account, the fees will be reversed. I personally don't think it's reasonable of her to ask you to pay shipping to return it to you if you're giving her a full refund.

Ontariomama 05-07-2006 08:03 PM

Can you find the original post that stated the condition of the item? If it said that the item was in the condition that she says it IS, then really, it's not your problem anymore.

BUT, easier said than done, I know. I would offer to refund and have her ship it back. You'd think that she'd be willing to spend the $2.04 to send it back and not have to deal with it anymore.

GL, I hate when people aren't happy with what they've bought from me.

SandyG 05-07-2006 08:19 PM

wa just gonna say what meg said
do you have that first description??
go chek, if its stated dont give her a refund.
when this happens to me (she didnt say it was stained but it was ) i kept it but she only refunded me one or 2 dollars (Idont recall how much).
i think she is being ridiculous of wanting all her money AND keeping the diapie
if she gonna return it then just refund her all. but for 7 i wouldnt bother returning . some people oh well
goodluck

*~Mindy~* 05-07-2006 08:39 PM

yeah, wheres the description for it?? and did you post pics? and if your refund, use the refund button, no one is out fees that way!!

rowynne 05-07-2006 09:20 PM

I dont think I can get the original description back, it was all listed in detail in the captions in my kodak gallery & as I sold things I deleted them because I kept having people PM me about stuff that had sold already. I DID however find the pics on my computer :) She says there is significant dark staining and a BIG hole (the snap is practically ripped out) on the white/turquoise serged one & that she never saw an interior pic (when I always do outer & inner pics). So see for yourselves!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...e/101_1365.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15...e/101_1366.jpg