Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   what is wrong? her poop is green and watery (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421646)

ashtonsmom 05-12-2008 09:51 AM

what is wrong? her poop is green and watery

since dd was born she pooped once a week. she is ebf and has been having cereal for about 2months now. she got so super constipated that she screamed everytime she had to poop out a pellet. so i stopped the cereal and ebf. She got the runs all of a sudden and very bad, about 10-12 times aday and very watery. not like liquid bf poop. i took her to the doc and he said prob because i ate peanuts. but it stated before i even ate those. i was put on BC 1 1/2 months ago to stop really bad bleeding i was having and also started domparidone at the same time. some times her poop has substance to it but most oftenit is runny and green. she seems to have tummy aches as she wakes so often and arches her back and cries and often does it right before pooping and after. i am trying to get her into my regular doc this week. she is almost 7 months. any ideas?

csully4 05-12-2008 11:48 AM

Re: what is wrong? her poop is green and watery

Is she getting enough hind milk? Sounds like she may need more of the fatty milk. I am no expert, just a thought.

Apathy 05-12-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csully4 (Post 3558329)
Is she getting enough hind milk? Sounds like she may need more of the fatty milk. I am no expert, just a thought.

That's the first thing I thought of, too. Also not an expert though.

stephaniebrookeh5 05-12-2008 12:19 PM

my little man 6 months today...EBF...He is teething really bad. Same symptoms. He has had runny poopy with a slight lime green tinge to it. Usually mustard yellow and thicker, only 1 time per week. We are not feeding him anything, but I did let him suck on a juicy fresh peach...just the "meat" part about 2 days ago. I was thinking it was a combo of both. Plus, I know that when their tummy's get ready for solids they change a little inside. I am trying to hold him off of solids, because I am lazy :) And, he is a super chunk right now. He doesn't even watch us eat...but, he does want to nurse at dinnertime :)

Noah's-Mom 05-12-2008 12:20 PM

If the baby is only getting the front milk it will be green. I went through this with my youngest. He won't gain weight. Finally a Mama explained that if his poo was green he was only getting the front milk. If the baby is getting the hind milk their poo will be yellow... like mustard.
Also, FYI Rice cereal constipated my friends kids and my oldest BADLY. I switched him to baby Oatmeal and he was fine.
I hope this helps gl

valpopp 05-12-2008 12:45 PM

Uh oh sounds to me like milk soy protien allergy, my ebf dd got the same symptoms about 6 mos old. could be the too much foremilk but try cutting out soy and dairy, and look close to see if there is any tinge of blood in stool

valpopp 05-12-2008 12:52 PM

Ingredients To Avoid:

Milk Products Soy Products*
milk
cream
milk solids
nonfat dry milk
casein/caseinate
whey
milk chocolate (plus most other chocolates)
butter (plus most all margarines)
lactalbumin
soy flour
soy protein
soy protein isolate
textured vegetable protein
soy beans
soy caseinate

valpopp 05-12-2008 12:53 PM

Plus they say now that the cereals, are not the best things to start first, they are actually very allergenic

valpopp 05-12-2008 12:59 PM

to get the most hindmilk nurse on one side for two hrs before switching to the other side. I would contact a lactation consultant

paintedbison 05-12-2008 10:57 PM

Sounds like oversupply to me. Maybe the domperidone worked too well? Does baby choke and gag when nursing? Do you feel full a lot? Leaking? If you are making too much milk, that will turn the poop green.

I've never heard of a mom eating peanuts giving a baby diarrhea. That's a new one for me.

When you start solids up again, I'd skip the cereal thing completely and go straight to fruits and veggies and meats. Cereal can be constipating and is hard to digest.

Personally, I'd wait on any kind of diet modifications until oversupply is ruled out.