Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Western Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Random question for Alberta moms... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421850)

clarinetb 05-12-2008 12:49 PM

Random question for Alberta moms...

We're visiting family in Alberta next week and we aren't taking cloth (I know... I know...) could someone give me an idea of where are reasonable prices to go for disposables? I don't want to carry too many from here. Last time I went into a supermarket in Calgary it was a Safeway and I just about died and half the prices :)

Thank you!

NaturalUrbanMama 05-12-2008 03:18 PM

Re: Random question for Alberta moms...

we don't do a lot of disposibles but I think that I usually pay about 18$ per bag of Seventh Generations..?

clarinetb 05-12-2008 06:36 PM

That's not too bad for SEventh Generation... where did you buy them? I know not a lot of places carry them around here!

caroferris 05-12-2008 07:06 PM

Hello from Calgary! :)

Superstore probably has the best prices for disposables, but it's kind of a pain to navigate sometimes, can be so busy. London Drugs or Walmart would be good bets too.

Have a great trip!

clarinetb 05-12-2008 07:08 PM

Thanks!

We have Superstores here, though the specials are completely different than the Superstores 'West' so maybe they are a bit different? Ours are HUGE!

Thanks for the suggestions. I know it will only be a few dollars, but I'd rather spend it only the holiday part rather than diapers! :D

NaturalUrbanMama 05-12-2008 09:18 PM

I get my Seventh Gen at Planet Organic..

I searched their site and found this:
http://www.seventhgeneration.com/pro...uct=&x=58&y=11

Good luck!

selinajean 05-12-2008 11:01 PM

I don't live in Alberta, but yes Safeway is one of the most expensive grocery stores. We avoid it if at all possible. If you do need to go there for anything, take the 2 minutes to sign up for a membership card even if you will never go back again (or borrow one of our phone numbers to use instead of giving a card) Without a membership the prices are even worse.

Superstore has good prices and you will sometimes find sales at the drug stores. If you stop into a Toys R us, grab one of their baby catalogues. They quite often have coupons for diapers (huggies I think) at London Drugs.

Hopefully you can find some Seventh Gen. at a good price though!

danou 06-02-2008 10:17 AM

Before I converted to cloth I bought the president's choice supreme from extrafoods/superstore and they were of the most reasonably priced diapers. Are seventh gen like g diapers?

d:)

clarinetb 06-02-2008 10:21 AM

We made it to Alberta and back :) We hit a sale at safeway that wasn't too bad...

Quote:

Originally Posted by danou (Post 3743262)
Before I converted to cloth I bought the president's choice supreme from extrafoods/superstore and they were of the most reasonably priced diapers. Are seventh gen like g diapers?

d:)

Seventh Generation are unbleached diapers, a bit more natural of a disposable :)

Katiebear 06-02-2008 12:10 PM

You're looking at about $20 for a pack of sposies. Walmart also has decent prices.

I've tried the Teddies Choice diapers from Superstore and they are TERRIBLE. I'm not sure if the president's choice is different, but yeah. I was using sposies full time, and TC seemed even MORE like cardboard than the other ones!

Good luck, and enjoy your trip (oh yeah - Seventh Generation diapers are at any Planet Organic, and usually at any other "organic" store - you might need to use the phone book when you get there, or try to google it. It's definitely worth phoning ahead of time to see if they have them, rather than just going to the store and taking your chances).